Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 census look up please - Glamorgan UPDATED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jun 2007 21:59

Could someone please look for the following family on the 1891 census, they should be in Glamorgan. DAVID JONES born abt 1862, his wife MARGARETTA JONES born abt 1864 and children ANN born abt 1887 in nantymoel and WILLIAM born abt 1890 also in nantymoel. I would appreciate it if you could tell me if it gives birthplace for the parents and also the address where they are living. Thanks very much, Julie UPDATE - although Gwyn found them on 1901 census, I am looking for 1891 census if anyone can help, thank you.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Jun 2007 22:13

Here they are... Family living at 33 Vale View Terrace. David is a coal miner born Penygar ? Carmarthenshire Margaretta was born Bryngolen ? Cardiganshire. ....sorry names are unknown to me and not very clear, ...perhaps someone else can help. Name: William Jones Age in 1901: 11 Estimated birth year: abt 1890 Relation: Son Father's name: David Mother's name: Margaretta Gender: Male Where born: Nantymoel, Glamorgan, Wales Civil parish: Llandyfodwg Ecclesiastical parish: St Tyvodwg Town: Nantymoel County/Island: Glamorgan Country: Wales Street address: Registration district: Bridgend Sub-registration district: Ogmore ED, institution, or vessel: 8 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 185 Household Members: Name Age Ann J Jones 13 Claudia Jones 1 David Jones 39 Elizabeth Jones 6 James W Jones 9 Margaretta Jones 37 William Jones 11 Gwyn

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jun 2007 22:19

Thanks for that Gwyn - could you see them at all on the 1891? Appreciate your help.

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jun 2007 22:34

nudge

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Jun 2007 22:39

I think this might be them.... David is shown as a coalminer b. Llanelly..I can't read his wife's birthplace but it is Cardiganshire. They are living at 34 Vale View Name: A J Jones Age: 3 Estimated birth year: abt 1888 Relation: Daughter Father's name: David Mother's name: Moyla Gender: Female Where born: Nantymoel, Glamorgan, Wales Civil parish: Llandyfodwg Ecclesiastical parish: Llandyfodwg Town: Ynysawdre County/Island: Glamorgan Country: Wales Registration district: Bridgend Sub-registration district: Ogmore ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age A J Jones 3 David Jones 29 Moyla Jones 27 W J Jones 1 Gwyn

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jun 2007 22:42

Gwyn, thanks again for your time and looking on the 1891 for me. julie