Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can someone please check 2 marriages not sure if i

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 30 Jun 2007 21:11

florence knights-thomas jones 1893 or is it florence knights-william amor 1893 southampton ...........................emma jane knights-george smith 1890 southampton...........found on free bmd.............would someone please check these for me i would be very greatfull................

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Jun 2007 21:14

One......... William Alfred Amor 1893 Apr-May-Jun Southampton Hampshire Elizabeth Instance 1893 Apr-May-Jun Southampton Hampshire Thomas Jones 1893 Apr-May-Jun Southampton Hampshire Florence Knights 1893 Apr-May-Jun Southampton Hampshire They are listed alphabetically.........you have to check the next census to determine who married whom.....or purchase the cert Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Jun 2007 21:16

Same scenario for these........ Emma Jane Knight 1890 Oct-Nov-Dec Southampton Hampshire Annie Meatyard 1890 Oct-Nov-Dec Southampton Hampshire George Smith 1890 Oct-Nov-Dec Southampton Hampshire Henry James Williams 1890 Oct-Nov-Dec Southampton Hampshire Reg

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Jun 2007 21:22

this is the 1893 one Marriages Jun 1893 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Amor William Alfred Southampton 2c 42 Instance Elizabeth Southampton 2c 42 Jones Thomas Southampton 2c 42 Knights Florence Southampton 2c 42 Unless you know which pair are together theres no way of knowing without buying the cert or checking the 1901 to see if you can tie up each pair.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Jun 2007 21:23

If you want a check done in 1901, you'll have to tell us where and when the women were born....... Reg

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 30 Jun 2007 21:23

hi Reg i,ve always found the way it is a bit confusing i suppose it,s ok if you know there names and you just need to find what year they got married........................GARY..............

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 30 Jun 2007 21:26

HI again Reg both the women were born in kessingland suffolk and i would really appreciate a 1901 census look up thanks..................GARY...........

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 30 Jun 2007 21:44

HI Brenda thankyou very much this sounds 99% like both my couples................GARY...........

Diane

Diane Report 30 Jun 2007 21:46

?1901 for Emma Jane Smith nee Knight. Lowestoft covered by the Mutford registration district as is Kessingland Emma J Smith Age: 33 Estimated birth year: abt 1868 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: George Gender: Female Where born: Lowestoft, Suffolk, England Civil parish: Pakefield Ecclesiastical parish: Pakefield All Saints County/Island: Suffolk Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Mutford Sub-registration district: Kessingland ED, institution, or vessel: 6 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 320 Household Members: Name Age Emma J Smith 33 Frederick W Smith 7 months George Smith 37 George H S Smith 5 Victor H Smith 2 Have saved the image if you would like it just pm me your email address