Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can't find grandfather's death - can anyone help?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 30 Jun 2007 17:09

I am trying to find my grandfather's death details. He was George Charles Evance born 19/3/1891 in Camberwell. Married Helen Venner on 22/8/1909 and had 3 children. He was in WW1 in India. He then came back to London for a short while and was living in Wimbledon. He went to South Africa - Port Natal - in 1921 - sailed on the 'Saxon' where he is listed as being 30 and an 'agent'. This is the last thing we know about him. Have searched deaths fruitlessly so far - including overseas deaths. If he is still alive he must be the world's oldest man? He never divorced Helen but he could have married again abroad or changed his name? Can anyone help - any clues much appreciated. Ann

Irene

Irene Report 30 Jun 2007 18:12

The only Evance listed on Ancestry after 1984 is John George Evance born 04.02.1938 died age 58 May 1996. Not sure if it is any help but thought I would pass it on. Irene