Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mysterious Danaher's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally

Sally Report 30 Jun 2007 15:09

Could sks help at all please? I am well and truly stuck with my research and cannot get any further back than Thomas Danaher bc 1823 Ireland son of David. Thomas's first recorded entry that I have found in England is his marriage to Margaret O'Brien. On their certificate of Feb 1850 at Holy Trinty Church Bermondsey, Thomas is noted as a widow aged 28 however his age [and mispelled surname] changes throughout the census's and on his second marriage certificate in 1879. In the 1851 census he has 2 children the eldest Ellen aged 8 born Ireland, David as born St George's East London, I suspect Thomas came to England with Ellen when he was widowed. This is the 1851 Census 1851 England Census Record about Thomas Danaher Name: Thomas Danaher Age: 28 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1823 Relation: Head Spouses's Name: Margaret Gender: Male Where born: Ireland Civil parish: Stepney Ecclesiastical parish: St Philip County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Street address: Essex Street Occupation: Bootmaker Condition as to marriage:Married Registration district: Stepney Sub-registration district: Mile End Old Town Upper ED, institution, or vessel: 6 Household schedule number: 79 Household Members: Name Age David Danaher 11 Mo Ellen Danaher 8 Margaret Danaher 28 Thomas Danaher 28 David aged 11months [above] married in 1870 to Margaret Waugh, I have never found him or his wife in the 1871.she remarried as a widow in 1873. Another mystery is the death entry has neither been located and I have trawled the gri . If you could help at all and perhaps point me in the right direction I would be very happy. This has driven me nuts for 4 years almost now! Anyone have any ideas? Thank you Sally

Estelle

Estelle Report 30 Jun 2007 18:42

Hi Sally, I have possibly found them in the 1861 census: Thomas Danerer Age: 32 Estimated birth year: abt 1829 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Margaret Gender: Male Where born: Limerick, Ireland Civil parish: St George in The East Ecclesiastical parish: Christchurch Town: London Household Members: Name Age David Danerer 12 Johanna Danerer 3 Margaret Danerer 32 Margaret A Danerer 8 Mary Danerer 6 Patrick Danerer 1 Mo Thomas Danerer 32 William Danerer 2 I can't find anything on the 1871 census though. Hope this helps, Estelle

alviegal

alviegal Report 30 Jun 2007 21:09

Is this 1871? Thomas is a matmaker 1871 England Census about Thomas Danaher Name: Thomas Danaher Age: 46 Estimated birth year: abt 1825 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Margret Gender: Male Where born: Cork, Limerick, Ireland Civil parish: St George in The East Ecclesiastical parish: St John The Evangelist in the East County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: St George In The East Sub-registration district: St Mary ED, institution, or vessel: 14 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 40 Household Members: Name Age Elizebath Danaher 2 Hannah Danaher 13 Margret Danaher 44 Mary Danaher 15 Mitchal Danaher 5 Patrick Danaher 10 Thomas Danaher 46 Thomas Danaher 7 William Danaher 11 View Original Record View original image

Sally

Sally Report 30 Jun 2007 22:02

Thank you. I have all the census details and as you can see his surname is mispelled and his age differs! My brick wall is his birth and his son David's demise in 1870's. Best wishes Sally