Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please help....usa

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Theresa

Theresa Report 28 Jun 2007 14:51

i am trying to find a james ( jim ) silvey b 1876 hailsham sussex.i have him on the 1891 census but no sign on the 1901 census.i do know that 3 of his brothers immigrated to usa 1886 onwards, but i dont have usa censusto check. could some kind person have a look for me to see if he went to usa or maybe he was still in this country. thanks

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 28 Jun 2007 16:50

I cant see him in the 1901 either, he may have died, of course, have you checked the BMD collection, free on ancestry. Some of mine that weren't on the 1901 were in the forces, hopefully someone with access to US records will pick up the thread soon.

Theresa

Theresa Report 28 Jun 2007 16:53

hi kitty, i have checked to see if he had died but no luck. though i havent checked to see if he had joined the forces. thanks for looking theresa

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 28 Jun 2007 17:06

Hi Theresa, after a quick look, I don't see him. Would you know where his brothers settled, please? Perhaps he settled in the same area, if he went to the States. I'll check other surname spellings.

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 28 Jun 2007 17:21

Would this be one of the brothers? (I'm assuming you already have this information) 1900 United States Federal Census about Thos W Silvey Name: Thos W Silvey Home in 1900: Newark Ward 11, Essex, New Jersey Age: 38 Estimated birth year: abt 1862 Birthplace: England Relationship to head-of-house: Head Spouse's name: Kate Race: White Occupation: View image Immigration Year: 1886 Household Members: Name Age Thos W Silvey 38 Kate Silvey 37 Henry Silvey 16 Minnie A Silvey 14 Ellen Silvey 10 Kate Silvey 9 Lucy M Silvey 7 George Silvey 4 John Silvey 5.12

Theresa

Theresa Report 28 Jun 2007 17:33

hi lisa, yes that is one of his brothers.there were 2 other brothers george b 1874 and john b 1869. i have been told that they went to new york and married there.( mamaroneck,westchester). thanks theresa

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 28 Jun 2007 17:53

Don't see him in Canada on the 1901 or 1911 census returns.

Theresa

Theresa Report 28 Jun 2007 17:57

lisa i think hes one of those awkard rellies that dosent want to be found. thank you for looking. teresa