Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I find out who married who

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 26 Jun 2007 18:43

you only have two choices for her married name

Gillian Jennifer

Gillian Jennifer Report 26 Jun 2007 18:44

I have found a marriage for Mary Jane Gillott 1894 Fulham 4th 1/4 but there are two men mentioned George Shears and Frederick Alexander how can I find out which one she actually married

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 26 Jun 2007 18:45

look at who she is living with in 1901... wil give husband's forenames Jim

Gillian Jennifer

Gillian Jennifer Report 26 Jun 2007 18:48

Jim - I cannot get the 1901 census but will ask who can - thanks.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Jun 2007 18:57

Cant tie her with either of them on the 1901 I,m afraid.

Gillian Jennifer

Gillian Jennifer Report 26 Jun 2007 18:58

Strange - but thank you for looking for me.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Jun 2007 20:30

This could possibly be George Shears in 1901:- Name: George Shears Age: 28 Estimated birth year: abt 1873 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Jane Gender: Male Where born: Parsons Green, London, England Civil parish: Fulham Ecclesiastical parish: St Matthew County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Fulham Sub-registration district: South Fulham ED, institution, or vessel: 27 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 100 Household Members: Name Age Phoebe Driver 37 Elizabeth Shears 1 Emma Shears 3 George Shears 28 George Shears 5 Jane Shears 25 Could Mary Jane be using her middle name? Kath. x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 26 Jun 2007 22:38

Must be using her middle name: Births Jun 1876 Gillott Mary Jane Chelsea 1a 277 Rose