Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am looking for May family Folkestone area

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 24 Jun 2007 23:53

Can anyone assist with my search to locate family members, information for my late father, Ronald Frederick. He had a brother and sister (William and Dorothy) both deceased and has a living sister Winifred. The family were fishermen or related industries. Gran's name was Mable - don't have Granddad's name! Any information on the family will be very welcome. If there are any marriages, aunts, uncles, cousins etc that can be found I would be eternally grateful, as I cannot trace family back beyond the details above - yet. Thanks again. Jane

Irene

Irene Report 25 Jun 2007 00:01

Do you have any dates. Irene

Irene

Irene Report 25 Jun 2007 00:10

1898 Mabel Jane Coppard married George May at Maidstone. Could this be them - latest date marriage at Greenwich Mabel W Painter married Albert C May 1919. Irene

ValT

ValT Report 25 Jun 2007 00:13

Hi There is a Ronald F May registered in Mar 1928. Mother's maiden name Emery. Is this your father's birth ? Val

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Jun 2007 00:16

Hi Val, That was the birth I found, which I think will be the right one. The thread seems to have disappeared. Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Jun 2007 00:17

Jane, Have you deleted one of your threads about this family? I found a birth reference for Ronald F. May in 1928 and not in 1927. Mother's maiden name I think was Emery. It was in Eltham, near Folkstone. Kath. x

ValT

ValT Report 25 Jun 2007 00:20

Hi Kath, A while ago the thread went but I had looked for a marriage from 1920 to 1928 and couldn't find one for May to Emery. It's late I may have missed it .. Off to bed now. Bye Val