Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lookups Offered Cornwall : St Ewe, Gorran and Meva

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 24 Jun 2007 22:02

I have the following transcriptions for three parishes in Cornwall: St Ewe - Baptisms 1728-1840 Gorran - Baptisms 1724-1840 - Marriages & Burials 1740-1840 Mevagissey - Baptisms 1720 - 1840

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 24 Jun 2007 22:14

Hi David - What a kind offer. I know that my mother, before her death, did a lot of Cornish research and I have the results of that (she investigated Gorran). Could you please tell me what you have on the QUINTRELL surname for Gorran (and the others, too, if there are any). I'm still trying to connect all the Quintrell names I have. Thanks a lot. Elizabeth

David

David Report 25 Jun 2007 08:25

Elizabeth, Gorran None (Baptisms, Marriages and Burials) Mevagissey Susanna QUINTRELL dau of John and Joan 23 Sep 1733 St Ewe Ann QUINTRELL dau of John and Grace 12 Feb 1766 Collan QUINTRELL son of John and Grace 05 Sep 1768 James QUINTRELL son of John and Grace 18 Aug 1771 David

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 25 Jun 2007 09:11

Thanks, David, for your fast reply. I'm going to have to trawl through all my Quintrell information to try to see how they fit in! I made a mistake in that it was ST GERRANS that our Quintrells were associated with (and Veryan and surrounding Roseland Peninsular). I was obviously so thrilled to see your post that I didn't process the information properly! Colan seems to be a popular Quintrell (Cornish) name. My Quintrells left Cornwall for Portsmouth to work in the Naval Dockyards c. 1818. Many thanks again, Elizabeth