Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Please ..for a Canadian Birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vera

Vera Report 23 Jun 2007 22:53

I am trying to get a birth certificate for a.......................... Francis Robert Millar/Miller......... 08/11/1921 ( this person is deceased) born Hamilton.............................................. Please can anybody help. Thanks......... Regards Vera

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 23:02

I've tried searching the index but can't find anything. Was the date you gave, his date of birth or his death? Nicola

Vera

Vera Report 23 Jun 2007 23:06

Hi Nicola, Sorry I didn't make it clear.........the date is his birth. Regards Vera

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 23:07

I tried putting in the date he was born in the search box along with his name and where he was born. Nothing came up I'm affraid. Have you tried ringing the records office there, and googling to find out exactly where you would have to apply? The reason I say this, is because you have all the relevant information that you would need to obtain it, if you get the number to ring, they will then do a search on the dates that you have got. Nicola

Vera

Vera Report 23 Jun 2007 23:11

Hi Nicola, I am trying to help a friend....yes I am after the birth certificate. These are the dates she gave me. Maybe she has the wrong birth place. Regards Vera

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 23:12

http://ww(.)myhamilton(.)ca/myhamilton/CityandGovernment/CityDepartments/CorporateServices/Clerks/BirthRegistration(.)htm This is the website for hamilton Nicola

Vera

Vera Report 23 Jun 2007 23:15

Hi Nicola, Am really grateful for your time, thanks for looking for me and also the web address. Regards Vera

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 23 Jun 2007 23:15

If this is for Hamilton, Ontario....good luck. My mum tried for two months to obtain a copy of her marriage certificate and was unable to get anywhere. My cousin lives in Ontario, is a social worker there, and told us records are extremely difficult to obtain and it takes a long time to receive them. I doubt I will find anything, but I will look for information, as I'm from Ontario and most of my research has been done there.

Vera

Vera Report 23 Jun 2007 23:16

Hi Nicola, I don't live in Canada, I am in the UK. Do you happen to have the telephone number or address of the office that might be able to help me? Regards Vera

kaz

kaz Report 23 Jun 2007 23:17

Hi Vera This is all i have i can find, its a female though, any good? Francis Ethel Miller Compact Disc #127 Pin #3887036 Pedigree Sex: F Event(s) Birth: 24 Jun 1919 Foam Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada Death: Missoula, Montana, USA Parents Marriage(s) Spouse: Marriage: Spouse: Marriage: 3 Jun 1945 Missoulaq, Montana, USA

Vera

Vera Report 23 Jun 2007 23:19

Hi Kaz, Thanks for trying to help, but he is a male. Grateful for your time. Regards Vera

kaz

kaz Report 23 Jun 2007 23:21

Cant seem to find a male, just thought with it being in Canada and around the same time there might be a link...Kaz x

Vera

Vera Report 23 Jun 2007 23:22

Hi Lisa, Thanks for your message...sounds as though I am in for a long haul.:-) Thanks for the offer of help, very grateful. Regards Vera

Vera

Vera Report 23 Jun 2007 23:23

Hi Kaz, Thanks again. Regards Vera

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 23 Jun 2007 23:32

I was hoping I might find a marriage of Millar/Miller in Hamilton, but there are too many hits on this site for me to look through. If someone has the time, here's the site, although almost all entries are for the 1800's: http://homepages.rootsweb*com/~maryc/ontmarr.htm (replace * with .) If his death information is known, and he died in Canada, could information be obtained through the cemetery office? I have been very lucky in finding additional family information this way.

Vera

Vera Report 23 Jun 2007 23:35

Hi Lisa, Sorry if I didn't make it clear..... it is just the birth I am after, he actually married in the UK and also died here. Thanks for checking anyway. Regards Vera

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 23 Jun 2007 23:42

Hi Vera: I was hoping maybe his parents might have married in Hamilton. If he stayed in Ontario for any length of time, you might check here for Millar/Miller information: http://genforum.genealogy*com/ I've noticed most of the posters are from North America.

Vera

Vera Report 23 Jun 2007 23:43

Hi Lisa, Thanks for the web address, will have a look, as far as I know his parents married in Scotland. Regards Vera