Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BIRTH LOOK UP PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicki

Nicki Report 23 Jun 2007 19:57

Could anyone please help to provide me with the ref no. so I can order a copy birth certificate: Ann Wallis dob-16 Jun 1935 born - Dulwich, Camberwell Mother - Bride Wallis formerly O'Gorman Any help gratefully received. Thanks Bex

Georgina

Georgina Report 23 Jun 2007 19:57

Her birth was registered in the september quarter 1935 ref no:1d-771. Georgina.

Nicki

Nicki Report 23 Jun 2007 20:01

Georgina Thanks - that was amazingly quick. Is there a father listed? Bex

Georgina

Georgina Report 23 Jun 2007 20:03

Nicola if you know roughly when the parents married I could look it up, was Ann their first child? Georgina.

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 20:08

Unfortunately with bmd indexes you don't get the parents listed before 1920 and even then its only the mothers maiden name. However, searching on the LDS site might bring up parish records, www(.)familysearch(.)org (remove brackets) on Ancestry they have the full completed list of of bmd indexes which is free, but you have to search quarter by quarter. you have to register though. www(.)ancestry(.)co(.)uk but if you go into the american site www(.)ancestry(.)com and sign in with your uk account, you can get free 3 days trial and you don't have to give credit card details. On there you get the full use of all bmd indexes, census records for both america and uk. Once you have signed up log in and then do a search, click on one of the locked images and it will come up with the 3 day trial. There is also another site in which you can check and thats www(.)freebmd(.)org(.)uk that has freebmd indexes where you search by name and year and lists come up of all individuals. However the bmd indexes are not fully transcribed on there yet so a bmd might not appear. Thats when you have to search the full index on ancestry. All indexes for bmd will have the reference so you can order a cert. Nicola

Nicki

Nicki Report 23 Jun 2007 20:10

Kathleen Bride O'gorman married William Wallis in 1930 in India - Ann Wallis was the the 3rd daughter and my father the youngest son. My cousin doesnt think there is a father listed on Ann's birth certificate, yet the older two and youngest child all have William Wallis on their birth certificates. Very odd!! Also on Ann's certificate it shows my Nan's name as Bride Kathleen!!

Georgina

Georgina Report 23 Jun 2007 20:15

Nicola mothers maiden names were added to the indexes from the september quarter 1911 but to find out the full names of the parents you will need to get the certificate. You could check for a marriage in the overseas records on findmypast. Georgina.

Nicki

Nicki Report 23 Jun 2007 20:17

Thanks to all of you. I will order the certificate.