Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

death look ups please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 23 Jun 2007 19:43

I am trying to find out about 2 Richard Yeates' who were born in Guiting Power Gloucestershire. One was born in 1803 and the other 1807, I think the first died young and I think the second married in 1841. But i am not certain. I wonder if anyone could find me any death dates for either. Winchcombe district. thanks, David.

Georgina

Georgina Report 23 Jun 2007 19:48

David death registration didn't begin until 1837 & there are too many Richard Yeates to know which one is yours. Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 23 Jun 2007 19:56

If it helps I can only see one marriage for Thomas Yeates to a Hannah in Guiting Power... THOMAS YEATES Male Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: Marriages: Spouse: HANNAH TAYLOR Marriage: 07 JUL 1799 Guiting Power, Gloucester, England Georgina.

David

David Report 23 Jun 2007 20:19

thankyou for your reply, Thomas and Hannah were actually the parents, I was just wanting to find out more about the 2 Richards. Thanks, David.

Georgina

Georgina Report 23 Jun 2007 20:25

David it was quite common in those days to name a child after a dead sibling, I think you could safely assume the first child died. Georgina.

ValT

ValT Report 23 Jun 2007 20:57

Marriage Marriages Dec 1839 YATES Richard Winchcomb 11 691 The district Winchcomb spans the boundaries of the counties of Gloucestershire and Worcestershire; includes Guiting Power Val

David

David Report 23 Jun 2007 22:18

thankyou val and georgina

kaz

kaz Report 23 Jun 2007 22:44

David found this marriage for a Richard, any good? England & Wales, FreeBMD Marriage Index: 1837-1983 about Richard Yeates Name: Richard Yeates Year of Registration: 1852 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep DISTRICT: Monmouth (1837-1939) County: Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire Volume: 11a Page: 59 (click to see others on page)

kaz

kaz Report 23 Jun 2007 22:50

These are the only deaths i could find, any good? Richard Yeates 1837 Oct-Nov-Dec Chipping Norton Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire Richard Yeates 1847 Jan-Feb-Mar Cheltenham Gloucestershire Richard Yeates 1848 Jul-Aug-Sep Clifton Gloucestershire Richard Yeates 1850 Jan-Feb-Mar Monmouth (1837-1939) Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire Richard Yeates 1865 Jan-Feb-Mar Gloucester (1837-1937) Gloucestershire

David

David Report 24 Jun 2007 12:45

Kaz, thanks, thats excellent there are 2 deaths on your list of big interest thanks a lot.