Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how to find out....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annie

Annie Report 23 Jun 2007 19:08

Could you please tell me how to find out who someones parents are I have a Joseph Howell born 1833, have him in all census (never with parents!!)also have marriage cert born Bristol 1833 and father Benjamin Howell shipwright I'm not sure how I can get any more information Many thanx Annie

Sam

Sam Report 23 Jun 2007 19:14

Have you looked to see if he is on the IGI? If not, you will need to check parish records to see if he was baptised. Where was he living in 1841, I can't find him. Marriage certs don't usually give place of birth, does the census also say Bristol? Sam x

Annie

Annie Report 23 Jun 2007 19:18

yes can't find it All family been in Grimsby Lincolnshire until I got to Joseph but theres a lot of parishes to think about in Bristol just looking for a bit of help to try narrowing it down. Thanx Annie

Annie

Annie Report 23 Jun 2007 19:27

Think I've just found him in 1841 with parents on ancestry haven't seen this record before and been a member for a few years!! He's down as living in Bedminster in Somerset and his birth year is 1830 Think this could be him!! Annie

Sam

Sam Report 23 Jun 2007 19:29

Have you found Benjamin on any census? Sam x

Sam

Sam Report 23 Jun 2007 19:30

It certainly looks like him, father fits anyway! Sam x

Annie

Annie Report 23 Jun 2007 19:37

No,Ive never been able to discover which one is him,theres quite a few out there ,Im hoping this might help thanx Is Bedminster in Bristol? Annie