Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tooting Graveney settlement examinations

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brian

Brian Report 23 Jun 2007 18:05

I am trying to find if a Richard and Susan Jarrett appear in them their children were baptised at Tooting Graveney between 1804 and !816,Richards trade was a carpenter and he came from Oxted Surrey,Susan or Susanna,s maiden name was Cutband. Thanks ,Brian Jarrett

kaz

kaz Report 23 Jun 2007 18:41

Brian Found a death for a Cutband, any good to you? England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1983 about Mary Cutband Name: Mary Cutband Year of Registration: 1841 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar DISTRICT: Camberwell (1837-1919) County: London, Surrey Volume: 4 Page: 30 (click to see others on page) There is also 4 Pallot's Marriages for England 1780-1837 but i am not a subscriber so i cant access it for you, sorry, maybe someone else will kindly do it for you. Kaz

kaz

kaz Report 23 Jun 2007 18:46

Here is their marriage Brian, do you know the names of their children? RICHARD JARRETT Pedigree Male Family Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: Marriages: Spouse: SUSANNA CUTBAND Family Marriage: 04 SEP 1803 Holy Trinity, Clapham, Surrey, England

kaz

kaz Report 23 Jun 2007 18:51

Found this family in Surrey dont know if theres a connection? RICHARD JARRETT Pedigree Male Event(s): Birth: Christening: 30 DEC 1821 Seale, Surrey, England Death: Burial: Parents: Father: JAMES JARRETT Family Mother: SARAH

Brian

Brian Report 23 Jun 2007 21:22

Thanks for the information Kaz,I am really interested in what was written about the family in the settlement examinations,what was their home parish etc,also when Richard or Susan died,there is a death for a Richard Jarrett at St James in 1838 but he is not my relation. Thanks again Brian.

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 23 Jun 2007 22:01

Brian I think it is unlikely that anyone on here has access to the Settlement Orders you are looking for. I think you will have to get in touch with the County Records Office. OC