Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 CENSUS PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 23 Jun 2007 12:58

Please can you find Herbert Burden age 23 . Living Sedgley Tipton. Can you tell me his occupation and if his wife if Sarah. Thanks

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 13:04

1871 could this be him Name: Harbert Burden Age: 23 Estimated birth year: abt 1848 Relation: Lodger Gender: Male Where born: Sedgley, Staffordshire, England Civil parish: Sedgley Ecclesiastical parish: Coseley Town: Brierley County/Island: Staffordshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Dudley Sub-registration district: Sedgley ED, institution, or vessel: 36 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 36 Household Members: Name Age Harbert Burden 23 Mary Smith 80 Nicola

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 23 Jun 2007 13:15

Thanks for that. Is his occupation a colliery engineer. I have a death cert for his daughter in 1873 and he is an engineer.Mother of the child Sarah They are living 31 Hilly Rd Daisy Bank Sedgley Cant seem to find them in 1881

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 13:16

It looks like Roll Labourer but I could be wrong, but the first bit deffinately says Roll. Nicola

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 13:17

Quite often though you will find that they swapped and changed their profession. Nicola

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 13:21

What was the name of his daughter? Nicola

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 23 Jun 2007 13:23

Can you find him in 1891 please There is a death in 1898 for Herbert Burden b orn 1848 died Dudley district which is Sedgley area.

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 23 Jun 2007 13:25

His daughter was only 11 months old so she wont be on the census.

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 13:27

I know but if you want me to search on other census I will need her name to find her and her parents. Did you say that her mothers name was Sarah? Nicola

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 13:30

1891 possible Name: Herbert Barden Age: 44 Estimated birth year: abt 1847 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Sarah A Gender: Male Where born: Shepley, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Lockwood Ecclesiastical parish: Emmanuel Town: Lockwood County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Huddersfield Sub-registration district: Lockwood ED, institution, or vessel: 2 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Ada Barden 1 Annie Barden 18 Henry Barden 17 Herbert Barden 44 Mary B Barden 7 Sarah A Barden 40 Nicola

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 13:33

Another one 1891 Name: Herbert Burton Age: 43 Estimated birth year: abt 1848 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Sarah Gender: Male Where born: Hucknall Torkard, Nottinghamshire, England Civil parish: Hucknall Torkard Ecclesiastical parish: Hucknall Torkard Town: Hucknall Torkard County/Island: Nottinghamshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Basford Sub-registration district: Bulwell ED, institution, or vessel: 15 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Ada E Burton 9 Emma Burton 18 Herbert Burton 43 Sarah Burton 43 Wm Burton 19 Nicola

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 13:36

Ahhhhhh am with you now. Do you know of any other children they had? Nicola

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 13:36

1881 possible Name: Herbert Barden Age: 34 Estimated birth year: abt 1847 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Sarah Ann Gender: Male Where born: Kirkburton, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Lockwood County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Albert Street Condition as to marriage: Married Education: Employment status: View image Occupation: Tailor One Man Registration district: Huddersfield Sub-registration district: Lockwood ED, institution, or vessel: 2 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Annie Barden 8 Harry Barden 7 Herbert Barden 34 James Barden Sarah Ann Barden 30 Nicola

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 23 Jun 2007 13:37

Daughters name is Murcy Burden born 1872 died 1873

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 23 Jun 2007 13:40

I can't find any for the sedgley area sorry. Nicola

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 23 Jun 2007 13:48

Sorry Nicola. Dont know any other children. The name Mercy was used for another Burden relative. I thought there was a mistranscription so got the death cert only to find a different father so was trying to find a connection by looking for him on the census.

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 23 Jun 2007 13:52

My relatives death was transcribed as Mary Durbey Burden. I thought this was the wife of 2xgt grandfathers brother. However when I got the cert it was Mercy Darbey Burden and she was the baby daughter of my 2xgt grandfather I knew nothing about. Thats why I thought Murcy Burden was a possible relative since the name Darbey Burden was originally Burden.