Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841/1851 Census lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

juliag

juliag Report 23 Jun 2007 06:45

I don't know whether anybody can help me or not, I am looking for a William Deane B1840 possibly London/Middlesex area not sure. His fathers name is John Deane. I have just received Williams marriage certificate and in 1869 they lived in the district of Elham possibly Folkestone as that is where Williams wife was living at the time. John is down as a labourer. I have asked for 1841 & 1851 as the latter might be easier but if you could find both it might be able to put things together. Any help on this would be appreciated. Regards Julia

Maid Marian of

Maid Marian of Report 23 Jun 2007 07:53

What was his wifes name so that we can find him in a later census and then work back?

juliag

juliag Report 23 Jun 2007 08:32

This is where the problem comes in as William was not married until 1869, he was living in Ireland in 1871 and died in 1876. I am sorry that is all that I can tell you, I have found five Williams born 1839/1840 but Marylebone London Middlesex is the most likely as his wife Frances and first husband came from there, that area seems to crop up a lot so I am taking a punt. The others given were Devon, Cheshire and Westminster St Margaret Middlesex (1841) so thought that one would not be correct. but again still in the London area. Julia

.•:*★jet★*:•

.•:*★jet★*:• Report 23 Jun 2007 08:32

is this him? 1851 Name: William Deane Age: 11 Estimated birth year: abt 1840 Relation: Son Father's name: John Mother's name: Mary M Gender: Male Where born: Heston, Middlesex, England Civil parish: Heston Ecclesiastical parish: Hounslow County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Brentford Sub-registration district: Isleworth ED, institution, or vessel: 1b Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 63 Household Members: Name Age Frederick Deane 5 Ishmael Deane 3 John Deane 51 John Deane 7 Mary Ann Deane 2 Mo Mary M Deane 33 William Deane 11 regards jet

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 23 Jun 2007 08:44

What was William's occupation? Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jun 2007 10:57

In the 1851 census, as per info posted above...........the father's occupation is listed as Gardener. Reg

juliag

juliag Report 24 Jun 2007 02:10

Thankyou so much everybody, this does look as if it could be the one, I will have to look for the birth and see if I can send off for the birth certificate. Now is it possible please to see if you can find the 1841 Census for me, it would be much appreciated. Julia

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Jun 2007 02:48

Julia, John is a gardener so this can't be yours. Rose