Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hate to ask........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 23 Jun 2007 02:12

Hi can anyone help??? i am looking for the Death of John Mears born 1897 Battersea, London he would have died aprox 1942 he was my mothers father, but she never knew him , she was told he died in the war but rumour has it that he died in a lunatic asylum...possibly Broadmoor!!!! (Berkshire) any help advice info would be so greatfully recieved kindest regards Michelle

Georgina

Georgina Report 23 Jun 2007 02:27

Michelle I have checked the death indexes for 1941-1943 and there is no death for a John Mears born 1897? Georgina.

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 23 Jun 2007 02:40

The only one that even comes close is a John Mearns in Jan 1944. He was 43 yrs. Death registered in Birkenhead. Deb:)

blueberry

blueberry Report 23 Jun 2007 10:11

Return to John Mears John Mears Vital Information Facts & Events Relationship Events Select an event type to add Birth Death Marriage Custom Event ------------------------------ Adoption Adult Christening Annulment Arrival Baptism Baptism (LDS) Bar Mitzvah Bat Mitzvah Birth Blessing Burial Caste Census Christening Confirmation Confirmation (LDS) Cremation Custom Event Death Departure Description Destination Divorce Divorce Filed Education Emigration Endowment (LDS) Engagement Excommunication First Communion Gender Graduation Height Immigration Marriage Marriage Bann Marriage Contract Marriage License Marriage Settlement Medical Military Mission Name Nationality Naturalization Occupation Ordinance Ordination Origin Probate Property Religion Residence Retirement Sealing to Parents (LDS) Sealing to Spouse (LDS) Separation Social Security Number Title Weight Will Vital Information Name John Mears More Options... 1901 England Census More Options... CloseShow sources (1) Hide sources Gender Male More Options... Close Birth 1897 in Battersea, London, England More Options... 1901 England Census More Options... CloseShow sources (1) Hide sources Death Broadmoor ? Could this be him. Barbara.

Michelle

Michelle Report 23 Jun 2007 10:39

Deb thank you for looking regards Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 23 Jun 2007 10:39

Geotgina thank you for looking regards Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 23 Jun 2007 10:41

Barbara yes this could be him....except i dont understand all the writing before in the big block? thank you for Looking Michelle

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 23 Jun 2007 10:51

Michelle If your mother was told that her father had died, but you suspect he was in a mental hospital, then his death could have occurred very much later than the 1940s. I had a great great uncle who was said to have died in 1918, as a result of the war. In fact, he went into a mental hospital (shell shock) and did not die until 1965. His four children never knew about this. OC

Michelle

Michelle Report 23 Jun 2007 10:57

thanks old crone i think i will try your suggestion there is another possability....that John Mears was not her father i know he was the father of her brother born 10 years earlier he was Julian Mears 1932 but changed his name to John Mears when old enough. thanks again for your suggestions Michelle