Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Worthington 1805/6

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 20 Jun 2007 18:36

James Worthington born 1805/6 married Elizabeth/Betty Arkwright born 1805, on the 2nd october 1827 at the Holy Trinity Bolton -le-sand they had Thomas 1828, Ambrose 1830, Jane 1832, and Elizabeth maybe a john as well, ihave them as living at stodday near lancaster in the 1861 census if this is a right match..the question is ....was James born in Bolton-le-sands or Standish as another member has him or is it Kirkham near preston spelt Kirkahm on the census....baffled as to where this man came from and who his parents are?? could any body please help??? regards angela

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 20 Jun 2007 18:53

see thread from Rachel Metcalf. Jim

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 20 Jun 2007 19:05

I believe this is them on the 1841 census: Scotforth, Lancashire James Worthington, 35 Elizabeth, 35 Thos., 13 Ambrose, 11 James, 7 John, 4 William, 1 And 1851 Ashton with Stodday, Lancashire James Worthington, head, 48, labourer, born Greena?, Lancashire Betsy, wife, 47, born Cockerham, Lancashire William, son, 11, at home, born Scotforth, Lancashire Elizabeth, dau, 6, scholar, born Scotforth, Lancashire The older boys Ambrose & John are working as servants, Ambrose (mistranscribed Ambrouse in Aldcliffe and John in Westmorland.

Angela

Angela Report 20 Jun 2007 19:18

Many thanks margaret for your time and search, these are the ones! and has confirmed birth dates for the children...will search for Greena?? in Lancashire now regards angela

Angela

Angela Report 20 Jun 2007 19:30

I've just taken a look at Rachel Metcalf's thread and see there was another child - Jane 1832 - could this child have died with not being on the 1841 census?

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 20 Jun 2007 19:32

Marriage from Family Search:- Husband JAMES WORTHINGTON Birth: Christening: Marriage: 02 OCT 1827 Bolton Le Sands, Lancashire, England Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Wife BETTY ARKWRIGHT Birth: Christening: Marriage: 02 OCT 1827 Bolton Le Sands, Lancashire, England Death: Burial:

Angela

Angela Report 20 Jun 2007 19:37

Thankyou Betty Boo for confirming the marriage for me regards angela

Angela

Angela Report 20 Jun 2007 19:40

Has anybody heard of greena or something like that in lancashire where james Worthington could have been born???

Angela

Angela Report 20 Jun 2007 22:04

I think Greenalgh is it Joan, which would make sense as on another census he is born at Kirkham which i think is that area.....many thanks, angela