Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 20 Jun 2007 15:32

Does anyone know how I can access the 1911 census ? My nana was born feb 1913 so her mum got pregnant around may 1912 there is no name on birth cert as her mum was single. I have a name but only the 1911 census could assist me as I think he came from Ireland and was in the Congleton area in 1912

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 20 Jun 2007 15:34

you cant, no one can until 2011,but think some of it will be searchable by 2009.xx

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 20 Jun 2007 15:36

thanks but I thought there maybe a way round it

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 20 Jun 2007 15:41

No way round it I'm afraid. There is a 100 year closure rule, although it has been said that some of it may be released in 2009 (but it's likely to be a very limited amount). Kath. x

Judith

Judith Report 20 Jun 2007 15:41

There is a limited access to records for a known address but it costs £45 - see the NA site: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/1911census/

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Jun 2007 15:42

You can pay about £45ish for an address to be looked at

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 20 Jun 2007 15:42

if you know the name and address people lived at you can have a search done, but they are very specific. its also very expensive .

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Jun 2007 15:46

If you Google 1911censusinfo Then there is a website where people who have spent money looking at the 1911 census have posted details of the families they have found. Not a lot on there at the moment but might be worth a look