Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

North Dakota census look up 1920?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dan

Dan Report 20 Jun 2007 03:12

Hello a great Aunt of mine Martha VOGEL born 1895 in Hosmer South Dakota, married Allan LAWRENCE born c1895 Maple Creek Saskatchewan Canada and had 3 children. According to my grandad Martha died not long after the birth of her 3rd child in July 1919 in Maple Creek and Allan went to live in Carrington Foster County North Dakota with his 3 children (names unknown though all believed to have been born in North Dakota) I wonder if it is possible for someone to see if they can find Allan on a North Dakota US census for me? With thanks Danielle

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 20 Jun 2007 03:39

I don't know if this is of any significance couldn't find anything in North Dakota Name: Allan L Laurence [Allan L Lawrence] Home in 1920: Fort Worth Ward 7, Tarrant, Texas Age: 24 years Estimated birth year: abt 1896 Birthplace: Tennessee Relation to Head of House: Son Father's name: John S Father's Birth Place: Tennessee Mother's name: Clara Mother's Birth Place: Ohio Marital Status: Married Race: White Sex: Male Able to read: Yes Able to Write: Yes Image: 825 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age John S Laurence 49 Clara Laurence 45 Allan L Laurence 24 Odessa Laurence 21 Randall Laurence 18 Elizabeth Laurence 16 Frank Laurence 8 Ladell Allan Laurence 2/12 Nicola

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 20 Jun 2007 03:40

Don't see Allan in the U.S., but then I never did find the Vogel family in 1900. ;) Perhaps someone else might have better luck with Allan?

Dan

Dan Report 20 Jun 2007 09:56

Thank you to you both for looking though dont think that is my family. I thought it was a long shot and feel there is more to this story than meets the eye, Martha was 23 when she died in Maple Creek Sask, though it is believed her husband and 3 children were still in North Dakota. I will see if I can find an obit for Martha that may shed more light. Danielle