Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Second Eyes please -Hannah West in 1841 cenus born

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

dancingqueen

dancingqueen Report 19 Jun 2007 19:01

Hi I am trying to find Hannah West in 1841 cenus, she was born 1817 in Dunthrop, Oxfordshire she had an illegitmate child on the 07/05/1842 in Heythrop, Oxfordshire. On her son's birth certficate, he is named as George Deverel and his father is listed as George Deverel, Labourer. I am hoping that may be I can find George Deverel living near/with Hannah West in 1841 Cenus, to give me some clues to research him. Hannah West marries George Widdows and goes on to have more children on 26/10/1847 in Heythrop, Oxfordshire. Thanks for everyone's help Joanna

dancingqueen

dancingqueen Report 19 Jun 2007 19:07

Georgina Thanks for looking dont think this can be her, as I have not found a connection with Edmund West. But thanks for looking Joanna

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jun 2007 19:09

Shes not showing living in oxfordshire, and no sign of George Deverall either - sorry

dancingqueen

dancingqueen Report 19 Jun 2007 19:12

Elizabeth This sounds more likely -I am assuming she is a servant, as none of the three daughters Hannah 1817, Sarah 1819 and Mary Ann 1822 were living with there parents in 1841 cenus. Joanna

Georgina

Georgina Report 19 Jun 2007 19:13

This is the only Hannah West in Oxfordshire in 1841? 1841 England Census about Hannah West Name: Hannah West Age: 25 Estimated birth year: abt 1816 Gender: Female Where born: Oxfordshire, England Civil parish: Kiddington Hundred: Chadlington County/Island: Oxfordshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: Woodstock Sub-registration district: Deddington Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Edmond West 25 Hannah West 25 Georgina.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 19 Jun 2007 19:13

There is this one in Berkshire (my family moved between Oxfordshire and Berkshire). She wasn't born in the county, so could be her: 1841 England Census about Hannah West Name: Hannah West Age: 25 Estimated birth year: abt 1816 Gender: Female Civil parish: Wargrave Hundred: Wargrave County/Island: Berkshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: Wokingham Sub-registration district: Wargrave Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Maria Gray 25 John Martin 35 William Oddie 64 Emma Sharp 20 Hannah West 25 She was a female servant (F.S.)

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 19 Jun 2007 19:13

Now we need to find George!

dancingqueen

dancingqueen Report 19 Jun 2007 19:14

Shirley Thanks for looking. Joanna

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jun 2007 19:17

I saw that Hannah but presumed they were married couple.

dancingqueen

dancingqueen Report 19 Jun 2007 19:18

This is Hannah's parents and brothers WEST, Richard M 55 Oxfordshire VIEW WEST, Charlott F 55 Oxfordshire VIEW WEST, Thomas M 25 Oxfordshire VIEW WEST, James M 25 Oxfordshire VIEW WEST, Henney M 15 Oxfordshire VIEW WEST, George M 15 Oxfordshire VIEW -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RG number: HO107 Piece: 890 Folio: 2\4 Page: 3 Registration District: Chipping Norton Sub District: Chipping Norton EnumerationDistrict: Ecclesiastical Parish: Civil Parish: Heythrop Municipal Borough: Address: Dunthrop, Heythrop --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dancingqueen

dancingqueen Report 19 Jun 2007 19:26

Elizabeth I will certainly bear it in mind, I have looked for George Deverel's and variants of this name, was wondering if he is mistranscribed. For some reason I am thinking that may be it was a married man?? But may be that is my mind Joanna

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 19 Jun 2007 19:27

I have found a George Deverall in 1841, but a little way away. He is an ag. labourer. Take a look and bear it in mind for future reference: 1841 England Census about George Deverall Name: George Deverall Age: 20 Estimated birth year: abt 1821 Gender: Male Where born: Buckinghamshire, England Civil parish: Dunton Hundred: Cottesloe County/Island: Buckinghamshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: Winslow Sub-registration district: Winslow Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age George Deverall 20 Elizabeth Harding 35 William Hoare 75 Elizabeth Nash 50 William Nash 50 He is the right age.