Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richard and Jane Paddock

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 19 Jun 2007 18:01

Please can someone see if they can find Richard Paddock born 1854 Westbury Shropshire and Jane Paddock born 1858 Stourbridge Worcestershire on the 1871 census. They had a daughter Edith born 1870 in Montgomery, Shropshire so I hope they are still there in 1871. Thank you for your help Jane

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jun 2007 18:23

this is them on the 1881 and they have a 2 month daughter Maud Name: Richard Paddock Age: 27 Estimated birth year: abt 1854 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Jane Gender: Male Where born: Westbury, Shropshire, England Civil parish: Birmingham County/Island: Warwickshire Country: England Street address: No 1 Back 30 Summer Hill St Condition as to marriage: Married Education: Employment status: View image Occupation: Brewer Registration district: Birmingham Sub-registration district: Lady Wood ED, institution, or vessel: 22 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Edward Paddock 26 Jane Paddock 23 Maud Paddock 2 months Richard Paddock 27

Jane

Jane Report 19 Jun 2007 18:24

Thanks Julie They must be hiding. Jane

Julie

Julie Report 19 Jun 2007 18:25

Jane i couldn't see them,

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jun 2007 18:27

Jane had a daughter at aged 12 ?

Jane

Jane Report 19 Jun 2007 18:28

Yes Shirley That is my family. I am just checking some details I have been given and they seem to be wrong. I hope someone can find them on the 1871 so I can get my tree straight. Thanks for your help Jane

Jane

Jane Report 19 Jun 2007 18:31

Hi She had a daughter Mary born abt 1859. Sarah was born 1860 Alice was born 1865 Sorry ignore Sarah and Alice I copied the wrong line. Jane

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 19 Jun 2007 18:40

1871 - is this Richard? Richard Paddock Age: 16 Estimated birth year: abt 1855 Relation: Servant Gender: Male Where born: Stretton, Shropshire, England Civil parish: Alberbury Ecclesiastical parish: Alberbury County/Island: Shropshire Country: England registration district: Atcham Sub-registration district: Alberbury ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 10 Household Members: Name Age George Griffiths 18 Annie Groves 2 Marth Groves 24 Mary Groves 9 months Samuel Groves 32 Ann Hindley 18 Richard Paddock 16 Elizh Wilding 14 Is this the marriage? Marriages Jun 1880 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ASHFORTH Alice King's N. 6c 565 Bond Ellen King's N 6c 565 Devey George King's Norton 6c 565 >>Paddock Richard King's N. 6c 565 >>Smith Jane King's N 6c 565

Artbeat

Artbeat Report 19 Jun 2007 18:48

edith was born 1887 birmingham 1891 cencus says richard born seaton shropshire. richard

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 19 Jun 2007 18:52

this is the only edith I can find in 1871 - maybe your informant is wrong? Edith Paddack Age: 1 Estimated birth year: abt 1870 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Robert Mother's name: Charlotte Gender: Female Where born: Pontesbury, Shropshire, England Civil parish: Pontesbury Ecclesiastical parish: First Portion Town: Malehurst County/Island: Shropshire Country: England Registration district: Atcham Sub-registration district: Pontesbury ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 56 Household Members: Name Age Alice Paddack 6 Charlotte Paddack 46 Edith Paddack 1 James Paddack 8 Mary E Paddack 13 Robert Paddack 50 Sarah Paddack 11

Jane

Jane Report 19 Jun 2007 18:53

Hi Angela That could well be him. The place name Atcham rings some bells. I will have to do some more digging. Thank you. It just proves you must check information you are given. My tree would be completely wrong if I hadn't checked. Can anyone see if they can find him on the 1891 with Jane. A part from Maud who would be 10 and Harry born 1889 in Birmingham, I don't know about any other children Thanks Jane

Jane

Jane Report 19 Jun 2007 18:57

Thank you Richard and Angela. Richard thank you for finding that birth for me. I didn't realise she was born in Birmingham.. As for where Richard was born I'm not sure Seaton is right. The only way to find out for sure is to send for his birth cert. Angela thank you for finding that marriage for me. I think that must be the correct one given that the first child was born the following year. Thanks again Jane

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jun 2007 18:57

Here they are 1891 census with lots more children Name: Richard Paddock Age: 36 Estimated birth year: abt 1855 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Jane Gender: Male Where born: Seaton, Shropshire, England Civil parish: Birmingham Ecclesiastical parish: St Margaret Town: Birmingham County/Island: Warwickshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Birmingham Sub-registration district: Lady Wood ED, institution, or vessel: 17 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Charlotte Paddock 3 Edith Paddock 4 George W Paddock 7 Harry Paddock 1 Jane Paddock 34 Maud Paddock 10 Richard Paddock 36 occ Railway porter Richard Paddock 9 Robert Paddock 5 Living at 35 Tindal Street Ladywood Birmingham

Jane

Jane Report 19 Jun 2007 19:01

Thanks Shirley That 1891 census you found for me is really useful and seems to be my family. Please can you tell me where all the children were born? Thank you so much for your help. Jane

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Jun 2007 19:23

Hi Children down as born Birmingham . Shirley

Jane

Jane Report 19 Jun 2007 19:25

Thanks Shirley.