Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NBI search please - Northallerton (now sorted)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ElaineM

ElaineM Report 19 Jun 2007 00:28

Could somebody please search for Peacock in Northallerton 1838 to 1861. I have lost most of a family after 1851 census so I'm presuming they must have died. Many thanks Elane

SydneyDi

SydneyDi Report 19 Jun 2007 01:39

Hi There were 46 Peacocks buried in Northallerton from 1826-1861. Can you give me some specific names ? Could they have migrated to US, Canada or Australia ?- plenty of migrants to the colonies in the 1840s and 1850s. Peacocks listed include: Abraham, Isabella Tamar, Jonathon, Rebecca, Richard Prest as well as the usual Mary, John, Sarah and Williams. Diane

blueberry

blueberry Report 19 Jun 2007 07:17

You have saved this record to My Ancestry (Shoebox). You have saved this record to My Ancestry (People I'm Looking For). This record has been added to your shoebox. 1881 England Census about Abraham Peacock Name: Abraham Peacock Age: 20 Estimated birth year: abt 1861 Relation: Son Father's name: Richard Mother's name: Hannah Gender: Male Where born: Northallerton, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Northallerton County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Northallerton Education: Employment status: Subscribe now to see this information. Occupation: Bricklayer Registration district: Northallerton Sub-registration district: Northallerton ED, institution, or vessel: 17 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Abraham Peacock 20 Hannah Peacock 61 John Peacock 18 Mary Ann Peacock 24 Richard Peacock Is this one of them. Barbara.

blueberry

blueberry Report 19 Jun 2007 07:31

You have saved this record to My Ancestry (Shoebox). You have saved this record to My Ancestry (People I'm Looking For). This record has been added to your shoebox. 1881 England Census about Robert Peacock Name: Robert Peacock Age: 32 Estimated birth year: abt 1849 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Emily Gender: Male Where born: Northallerton, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Northallerton County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Heaths Yard Condition as to marriage: Married Education: Employment status: Subscribe now to see this information. Occupation: Plumber Registration district: Northallerton Sub-registration district: Northallerton ED, institution, or vessel: 16 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Annie E. Peacock 2 Emily Peacock 33 Minnie Peacock 6 Robert Peacock 32 Annie M. Vasey 23 View Original Record Get all the details available on the original record image. Subscribe Now View blank form Save This Record Attach this record to a person in your tree as a source record, or save for later evaluation. Save Barbara

blueberry

blueberry Report 19 Jun 2007 07:40

1881 England Census about Bicker S. Peacock Name: Bicker S. Peacock [Beckett Stephen Peacock] Age: 51 Estimated birth year: abt 1830 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Sarah M. Gender: Male Where born: Northallerton, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Tottenham County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Street address: Pembroke Rd 2 Pembroke V Condition as to marriage: Married Education: Employment status: Subscribe now to see this information. Occupation: Silversmith Registration district: Edmonton Sub-registration district: Tottenham ED, institution, or vessel: 17 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age John King 55 Ada M.M. Peacock 8 Bicker S. Peacock 51 Edith G. Peacock 6 Ernest A. Peacock 5 Florence C. Peacock 2 Herbert E. Peacock 7 Sarah M. Peacock 29 View Original Record Get all the details available on the original record image. Subscribe Now View blank form Save This Record Attach this record to a person in your tree as a source record, or save for later evaluation. Save The rest of the family born in Middlesex. Barbara.

ElaineM

ElaineM Report 19 Jun 2007 16:12

Diane The Peacock burials I'm looking for are William b. abt 1811 His wife Ann b. 1811 plus Children all on 1851 census Martha b.1840 Hannah b. 1840 John ch. 1842 Margaret ch. 1845 Sarah b. 1847 Children (not on 1851 census) William ch. 1850 Mary Ann ch.1852 Can't find this family on 1861 but I have found possible for Martha. Many thanks for your help Elaine Barbara I have only this family of Peacocks so far but William was a bricklayer so the census info you found may tie in with his family somewhere. Thanks again Elaine

SydneyDi

SydneyDi Report 20 Jun 2007 05:09

Hi Am sending Elaine a pm with list of burials for some of these Di