Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Francis dickinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 18 Jun 2007 21:53

Francis dickinson was the third son of my great great grandmother Jane Bland born 1836 at Flookburgh lancashire, she married Francis Dickinson senior born 1833 but he died just before francis's birth in 1865, Jane then married James butler, they are on the 1871 and 1881 census as living at flookburgh, but then the family move to Overton on the 1891 census and he has disappeared...how can i find out what happened to him? i've checked the Overton cemetry and Flookburgh but nothing??? regards angela

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2007 22:02

For ref......1881 census Name: Francis Dickinson Age: 15 Estimated birth year: abt 1866 Gender: Male Where born: Flookburgh, Lancashire, England Civil parish: Lower Holker County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: Sand Cottage Education: Employment status: View image Occupation: Fisherman Registration district: Ulverston Sub-registration district: Cartmel ED, institution, or vessel: 4 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age James Bland 21 Elenor Butler 6 Elizabeth Butler 3 James Butler 34 Jane Butler 45 Jane Butler Robert Butler 10 William Butler 12 Francis Dickinson 15 John Dickinson 18 May I give you a couple of tips, Angela. Always include the name of the county..........and also say where people were born. Searching is much easier with those two bits of info. Thanks Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2007 22:36

Angela Do you realise that to add feedback, you click on 'add reply' above your original message. The advantage is that everyone can see the extra info......and the thread gets moved up the board. Reg

Angela

Angela Report 19 Jun 2007 08:30

Thankyou Reggie for your help, and the tips you've given me! I'll take a look at BMD and see if i can find a death for Francis Many thanks again angela