Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LOOKING FOR TWO MARRIAGES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 18 Jun 2007 20:45

My great grandmother (Elizabeth Grant) married my great grandfather (Albert Jackson) in 1913 (Romford, Essex). He died during WWI in Sept 1915. In Dec 1915 she then married Edward Irwin. Could anyone help me with more information if they are so inclined? Much appreciated Sharron Irwin

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Jun 2007 21:08

Sharron, I doubt anyone will be able to give you any more than is available on FreeBMD. Rose

Joan

Joan Report 18 Jun 2007 21:11

Hi Sharron, what 'more' info do you need. Do you want the references to purchase the certificates perhaps ? Or do you want to know if there were any children born ? Joan

Sally

Sally Report 19 Jun 2007 05:58

Hi Found the marriages for you, Elizabeth Grant married Albert Jackson oct nov dec qrt 1913 romford essex vol 4a page 993 then elizabeth m jackson married edward irwin oct nov dec qrt 1915 south shields durham tyne and wear vol 10a page 1707 if I can be of any more assistance please email me. Sally.

Sharron

Sharron Report 19 Jun 2007 18:20

This is wonderful thank you so much to those who have helped. I am sure I will now be able to find out more information based on this. I am trying to locate my grandfather's birth certificate and I don't know whether his father was Albert Jackson or Edward Irwin. And Albert Jackson's death wasn't recorded! Thanks once again :)

Joan

Joan Report 19 Jun 2007 21:03

Hi Sharron, who was your grandfather ? Joan I have found a birth reg of Female Jackson mmn Grant Mar 1914 Romford 4a 1033

Sharron

Sharron Report 27 Jun 2007 07:28

Hello Joan, my grandfather's name was Edward Jackson and he had a sister Ethel.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 27 Jun 2007 08:31

When Edward married, his father's name should show on the certificate. However if his mother had married again, he might only have known the 2nd husband and therefore considered him the father regardless of actual events. Gwyn

Joan

Joan Report 27 Jun 2007 08:49

Morning Sharron, I have found a birth of a William Irwin mmn Grant in Mar 1918 South Shields 10a 1317 (caution - check this out before any action) Best wishes Joan