Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone have Castle Caereinion parish records?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2007 14:50

1841 census Name: Sarah Bryan Age: 20 Estimated birth year: abt 1821 Gender: Female Where born: Montgomeryshire, Wales Civil parish: Castle Caereinion Hundred: Mathrafel County/Island: Montgomeryshire Country: Wales Registration district: Montgomery Sub-registration district: Pool Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Name Jane Bryan 50 Sarah Bryan 20 William Bryan 50 Occ: Farmer Address: Nantforch Hall Reg

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 18 Jun 2007 14:51

See below in a sec....

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 18 Jun 2007 14:52

I am looking for the details of a marriage in 1850 between John Brown and Sarah Bryan which took place in Castle Caereinion, Montgomeryshire. Thank you!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2007 14:56

Is this the GRO ref for it? Name: Sarah Bryan Year of Registration: 1850 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar DISTRICT: Montgomery County: Montgomeryshire, Shropshire Volume: 27 Page: 161 John Brown Reg

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 18 Jun 2007 21:18

Hi thanks I have that info. Just wondered if anyone had any other info etc. I am writing to the Welshpool Records office to get the cert tomorrow - as my 2x great grandfather John Brown was born in 1850 and by the 1851 census his father (also called John) was a widower. The only female death in the district (Llanfyllin) is for a Sarah Brown in 1850. I searched for a possible marriage on the North Wales BMD site and found that one which looks likely. As there are two births in that district for a John Brown in 1850 I am writing to the local office to ask them to just issue the one with the right father and then if it shows Sarah Bryan as the mother - to issue the marriage cert and death cert. So fingers crossed! Thanks anyway Reg!