Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

census look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ali

Ali Report 18 Jun 2007 10:47

please can anyone look up richard albert e barney birth dec1891 2a 369 on the 1901 census for me please and tell me who his father was, it should also be richard thanks very much, alison

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2007 10:59

If this is the birth reg..........the census info above looks to be the same boy Name: Richard Albert E Barney Year of Registration: 1891 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec DISTRICT: Richmond Sry County: Surrey Volume: 2a Page: 369 Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2007 11:00

You didn't give any idea of location............this is the only one I can see........ Name: Richard Barney Age: 9 Estimated birth year: abt 1892 Relation: Son Father's name: Albert V Mother's name: Susan Gender: Male Where born: Richmond, Surrey, England Civil parish: Richmond Ecclesiastical parish: Holy Trinity County/Island: Surrey Country: England Registration district: Richmond Sub-registration district: Richmond ED, institution, or vessel: 20 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 117 Household Members: Name Age Agnes Barney 1 Albert V Barney 32 Anne Barney 7 Horace Barney 6 Katherine Barney 11 Mable Barney 4 Richard Barney 9 Susan Barney 29 William Barney 2 Reg

Ali

Ali Report 18 Jun 2007 11:07

thanks reggie sorry i ment to say surrey now i'm even more confused, i've always thought the father to be albert victor barney but the marriage of two of the women mabel and catherine says his name was richard so i'm really stuck now

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 18 Jun 2007 11:14

1881 Name: Albert V. Barney Age: 14 Estimated birth year: abt 1867 Relation: Son Father's name: Edmund Gender: Male Where born: Pimlico, Middlesex, England Civil parish: Richmond County/Island: Surrey Country: England Education: Employment status: View image Occupation: General Labourer Registration district: Richmond Sub-registration district: Richmond ED, institution, or vessel: 11 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Albert V. Barney 14 Edmund Barney 59 Edmund A. Barney 19

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2007 11:17

1891.......... Name: Albert E Barney Age: 23 Estimated birth year: abt 1868 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Susan Gender: Male Where born: Richmond, Surrey, England Civil parish: Richmond Ecclesiastical parish: St John County/Island: Surrey Country: England Registration district: Richmond Sub-registration district: Richmond ED, institution, or vessel: 12 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Albert E Barney 23 Catherine Barney 1 Susan Barney 22 Albert's occ is Professional Cricketer.......does this match with the marriage certs? Or maybe he was a Gardener? That's his occ in 1901........... Reg

Ali

Ali Report 18 Jun 2007 11:23

i have catherine barney's (my grandmother) marriage cert oct 1907 says her father was richard and that he had died, it also says the same on her sister mabel's marriage cert, but i can't find him, all that i can find is albert victor barney, they were all born married and died in the surrey area mostly richmond can anyone help me please

Ali

Ali Report 18 Jun 2007 11:28

yes reggie i've got all info of albert victor barney its quite a mistery as my family remember being told story of albert being a pro cricketer he died in his 30s then i found him as gardener not domestic, but the two marriges of his children say their fathers name was richard albert barney, what do i do?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2007 11:30

Name: Albert Victor Barney Estimated birth year: abt 1869 Year of Registration: 1904 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep Age at Death: 35 DISTRICT: Richmond Sry County: Surrey Volume: 2a Page: 267 Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2007 11:40

1871............. Name: Victor Barney Age: 2 Estimated birth year: abt 1869 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Edmund Mother's name: Dorthy Gender: Female Where born: Pimlico, Middlesex, England Civil parish: St George Hanover Square Ecclesiastical parish: St Saviour County/Island: London Country: England Registration district: St George Hanover Square Sub-registration district: Belgrave ED, institution, or vessel: 24a Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Dorthy Barney 38 b. Newcastle upon Tyne Edmund Barney 49 Occ: Cab Driver Edmund Barney 8 Fanny Barney 6 Katie Barney 1 month Victor Barney 2 William Lardbaw 11 Stepson (actual surname Laidlaw) Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jun 2007 12:04

Ali, You haven't said what the marriage certs tell you about the father's occupation....... Another question.....who were the witnesses? If they were siblings of the bride, it would be helpful............. Reg

Ali

Ali Report 18 Jun 2007 12:13

bless you, yes it says pro cricketer on both so albert victor barney and richard barney must be the same person, i wonder why he did that, thank you so much reggie