Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

amarican info plaese

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cane

cane Report 17 Jun 2007 19:49

hi, how do i find out about family members who emigrated to america in the 1880s. gwen

Mary

Mary Report 17 Jun 2007 20:03

Hi If you list the people you are trying to find perhaps I or someone else could take a look for you. Mary

cane

cane Report 18 Jun 2007 18:09

hi mary. thank-you for your reply,my 3x gt/grandad vanished off the censuses after 1881.Name josiah crook born 1849 in manchester.i was told that he left the family for amrica. any help would be wonderful. thanks. gwen.

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 19 Jun 2007 01:48

Would you know his wife's name, please?

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 19 Jun 2007 02:05

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Mrs. J H Crook Name: Mrs. J H Crook Arrival Date: 12 Jun 1888 Estimated birth year: abt 1848 Age: 40 Gender: Male Port of Departure: Liverpool, England and Queenstown, Ireland Place of Origin: United States of America Ethnicity/Race/Nationality: American Ship Name: Spain Port of Arrival: New York Line: 34 Microfilm Serial: M237 Microfilm Roll: M237_521 List Number: 793 Port Arrival State: New York Port Arrival Country: United States (Both Mr. and Mrs. J.H. Crook are listed on the ship's list. The above is for Mr. Crook, even though it says Mrs.) North Carolina Death Collection, 1908-1996 about Josiah Crook Name: Josiah Crook Death Date: 18 Apr 1925 Death County: Union Death State: North Carolina Death Age: 77 Birth Date: 1848 Source: NC State Archives. North Carolina Deaths, 1908-67