Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London marriage & baptism l/up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sydenham

sydenham Report 17 Jun 2007 14:27

I am urgently looking for two events if anyone with BVRI or Boyds etc could help. 1. A baptism in 1831? of William Charles Bell. He says born Clerkenwell. 2. His parents' marriage - William Bell and Ann both born about 1801 in London. Their first children are baptised 1827 in St Botolphs Bishopsgate and 1841 they are living in Westminster. Any help really appreciated Jan stuck at home with a broken hip otherwise I'd get up into London myself!

Julie

Julie Report 17 Jun 2007 14:44

This is the only one showing on the IGI WILLIAM CHARLES BELL Pedigree Male -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: 25 JAN 1830 Christening: 11 JUL 1830 St Botolph Without Aldgate, London, London, England Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: WILLIAM BELL Family Mother: MARY

Vera

Vera Report 17 Jun 2007 14:45

Hi Janice, Sorry to hear of your broken hip....Get well soon. Do you know Anns maiden name? Have found William Bell married Ann Sweet St Bololph Bishopsgate London 18 Nov 1821 Any good. Regards Vera Regards Vera

sydenham

sydenham Report 17 Jun 2007 16:06

Hmmmm I'm pretty certain that William snrs wife is Ann - well she is in 1841 but no knowledge of maiden name .So the Ann Sweet marriage looks ok except the gap between the date of marriage and the first apparent baptisms in 1827- but the same church. Then looking at the IGI for a William Charles with mother Mary I found a marriage of a William Bell to a Mary Ann in 1825. Nothing is simple and this is quite important as it might go into a catalogue on the Queen's paintings as William Charles became a famous painter. I might mail Guildhall to see if the occupation of the father/groom is given in these entries. Thanks for the lead girls! Jan

Julie

Julie Report 17 Jun 2007 16:25

Jan She could of been Mary- Ann and dropped the Mary

sydenham

sydenham Report 17 Jun 2007 17:16

That's exactly what I thought! I've mailed Guildhall to see if they will check the father's occupation in 1830 - he was an engraver. Jan

sydenham

sydenham Report 18 Jun 2007 19:30

Julie Just to let you know Guildhall checked that baptismal entry and the William Bell father was a cutler rather than an engraver so not my Willian Charles - thank you for the lead. Jan

Julie

Julie Report 18 Jun 2007 19:40

Jan Thanks for letting me know, hope you find him Julie