Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A saturday night mystery for you

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 16 Jun 2007 18:40

14 Nov 1908 a Mr & Mrs WH Bannock returned home to Durban South Africa with a girl of 2yrs, she is also a Bannock, all sailing aboard SS Carisbrook Castle......1 Aug 1914 the family as above, the girl now 8yrs plus a son of 2yrs, sailng aboard SS Balmoral Castle. Both voyages started from Southampton. I met the parents, I met the son, Vernon, but who was the girl ? This info was found on 'Findyourpast' So any ideas folks, where can I go next?. The parents were Colchester born, Vernon definitely in Durban. There was a sister Gwen b1919 in Durban as well.Derek in France

juma

juma Report 16 Jun 2007 19:12

A Beatrice May Bannock was born in 1906 1st qtr registered in Billericay Essex reference 4a 696. She's the only Bannock who would have been two years old in 1908.

Derek

Derek Report 16 Jun 2007 19:44

Good evening Julie, Beatrice was from another branch of Bannock. Would have been ideal, but I have my doubts that the two familes knew each other. I think this girl was born in South Africa. The Bannock s went there in 1905 and started work there. Thanks for your time, Derek

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 16 Jun 2007 21:36

If she was a British subject born in South Africa, you could try the overseas births on findmypast or familylrelatives.

Georgina

Georgina Report 16 Jun 2007 23:09

This is probably the W H Bannock's marriage... Marriages Mar 1905 (>99%) BANNOCK William Herbert Colchester 4a 771 Bradnam Kate Colchester 4a 771 CHRISTIE Alexander Colchester 4a 771 STOW Ada Elizabeth Colchester 4a 771 Georgina.