Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Were you ancestors in the Metropolitan Police?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 16 Jun 2007 12:51

I have discovered today that you can download Metropolitan Police Pension Records from the National Archive site for £3.50 However there are more than one persons records within that price. Today I have not only found by Great Great Grandmother's 2nd husbands records but I also have saved records for the following people: Clement Howells , Samuel Edmund Tredger , Henry Rumbold , Joseph Copland , Charles Bickers , Robert Bruce. If any of these are your relatives please pm me and I will email them to you. I have just done a search for a relative papers who I know was in the Met (I have his papers already) and these were not available to download so I guess it is rather hit and miss. Fi

Willow

Willow Report 16 Jun 2007 13:06

Hi Fi I have a relative who served with the Metropolitan Police but unfortunately his record isnt available for download on the NA site, he was pensioned off 1887-1888. Can you tell me what sort of information included in the pension file. Many Thanks

Fi aka Wheelie Spice

Fi aka Wheelie Spice Report 16 Jun 2007 13:50

details on the Pension records include: amount paid at time of pension, date of resignation, personal details like colour of eyes, hair, weight, height, details of next of kin, address at time of resignation, marital status, where he had been stationed during career whether he had noticable deformity/scars Very informative. It is possible that his details can only be found whilst visiting the National Archives. I found one of my relative papers by searching at the centre, and today I have discovered that that relatives papers are not downloadable. So you might be lucky to find them if you visit. If you cant visit you may find some kind person who will look for you. Fi