Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 census help in cheshire please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanie

Joanie Report 14 Jun 2007 22:25

I am looking for Alfred Earl born 1857/8 in Cheshire, I have found him up to 1871 ...he is boarder......but he isnt round before.......there is another one born round 1853...father Thomas from cogshall, but this isnt him i am sure....have spent 3 days and have gone Gozzy - any help please......Joanie

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 14 Jun 2007 22:35

Do you have his birth certificate. Parent siibling names ? Sue

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jun 2007 22:35

For ref...is this the right one in 1871? So we know where in Cheshire............... Name: Alfred Earl Age: 14 Estimated birth year: abt 1857 Relation: Boarder Gender: Male Where born: Little Leigh, Cheshire, England Civil parish: Witton Ecclesiastical parish: Witton County/Island: Cheshire Country: England Registration district: Northwich Sub-registration district: Northwich ED, institution, or vessel: 16 Neighbors: View others on page Reg

Joanie

Joanie Report 14 Jun 2007 22:47

yes that is him i think Reg...on others says knutsford cheshire...have nothing else on him..except his sons name Joanie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jun 2007 22:52

If he had a son, one assumes he married........the marriage cert will tell you his father's name. Reg

Joanie

Joanie Report 14 Jun 2007 22:56

True Reg, but was just trying to find him on 1861 if i cud, or anywere when young....the marriage cert was maybe next week if i have a few bob left in kitty....thanks for ur help ...Joanie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jun 2007 22:56

I can't see him in 1861.......mind you, there are 'pieces' missing, so he may be on one of those.... Reg

Joanie

Joanie Report 14 Jun 2007 23:01

If u cannot find him then i dont feel so bad- as i searched and thought i wasnt doing it right...thanks Reg,,,Joanie x