Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ireland look up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peggy

Peggy Report 14 Jun 2007 13:40

Can anyone look up John Patrick Hunt born 2 Jan 1906.His father was Hubert Francis Hunt and i would like to know who his mother was.I think he was born in Co Mayo

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 14 Jun 2007 23:52

Hi Robert You can't look up Irelands BDM records on line like you can for the ones in England & Wales. You can however order a BDM certificate from the Irish GROs if you have a Date of Birth, you know the father's name and which County the event took place. If you know the town or City that's even better. See my thread 'Irelands GRO websites...for those that dont know' on the Tips Board. Also you will find SOME, not all though, Birth, Christening, and even less Marriage & Deaths on the familysearch.org/ website, under the International Genealogy Index (IGI). See my other thread..... 'Search the IGI Records for Irish Birth Records How to.....' Hope this helps you. Regards...Teresa