Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

searching for birth mother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 13 Jun 2007 20:52

my name is sandy, but i was born eileen sandra jacobs, 17th december 1966, my mothers name i believe is christine jacobs, i was registered in births march 1967, & am registered in my adopted name of sandra jayne moule, there is no record of me in anything ive searched in my birth name, i believe i was made a ward of tghe state, & taken into foster care, when i have emailed lambeth council for my records, they tell me there sealed, as i am in australia now, i have no idea who or what to contact forf help, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. thanks sandy

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 13 Jun 2007 20:58

How do you know you were born 'jacobs'? Is it written down somewhere or has someone told you this?

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 13 Jun 2007 21:01

if you look in JFM 1967 under Jacobs there is also a Sandra Jacobs-mothers maiden name Jacobs reg in Lambeth-the Vol and page number has been altered. Thius is often an indicator that something has been altered or ammended on the certificate-might be worth ordering that one? the details are Sandra Jacobs (Mothers maiden Jacobs-ie probably not married) reg JFM quarter at Lambeth 5d 292-then the 292 had been crossed out and 8774/5 written beside it. I believe these numbers refer to a seperate list of ammendments that the registrar would have-someone else may correct me on this.

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 13 Jun 2007 21:05

could only find a Sandra Moule registered in 1967 JFM in Chester vol 10a page339-but it sjhoiws no middle name of jayne.is this you?

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 15 Jun 2007 20:30

Hi Sandra-are you around tonight? or have you found her already............

Penny

Penny Report 15 Jun 2007 22:38

sandra new name (after adoption)will not be in the birth registers - it will be in the adoption register. Her birth name should be in the stardard birth register though

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 15 Jun 2007 23:08

Sandra I have just reread your message. As an adopted person, you are entitled to see any file held about you, after you have had counselling. The records may well be sealed - but they can open them for you once you have jumped through their hoops and they should have told you that. Have another go at them! OC

☺Carol in Dulwich☺

☺Carol in Dulwich☺ Report 16 Jun 2007 09:04

n

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 18 Jun 2007 21:13

nudging gain-Sandra-do you still want help?