Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 census look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 13 Jun 2007 14:24

Could someone please look up Bridet Grayston she is a widow living I beleive in Shoreditch and I beleive her name is mistranscribed as Graystine Thanking you Margaret

Georgina

Georgina Report 13 Jun 2007 14:25

Is this her? Address is 15 Suffolk Street. Name: Bridget Graystine Age: 67 Estimated birth year: abt 1834 Relation: Head Gender: Female Where born: London, England Civil parish: Shoreditch St Leonard Ecclesiastical parish: St Paul Haggerston County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Shoreditch Sub-registration district: Haggerston ED, institution, or vessel: 13 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 312 Household Members: Name Age Arthur Graystine 30 Bridget Graystine 67 Lily Graystine 19 Maud Graystine 23 Georgina.

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 13 Jun 2007 14:31

Thank you Georgina yes that is her I was thinking of getting her death certificate but it seems the record is out by 7 years on her age free bmd make her 60 when she died, she died Dec.1901 Margaret

Georgina

Georgina Report 13 Jun 2007 14:45

Margaret her age on the 1891 census seems to fit with the 1901 census, maybe whoever registered her death just got her age wrong? 1891 census... Name: Bredget A Grayston Age: 56 Estimated birth year: abt 1835 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Samuel Gender: Female Where born: London, England Civil parish: Shoreditch Ecclesiastical parish: Haggerston St Pauls County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Shoreditch Sub-registration district: Haggerston ED, institution, or vessel: 32 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Agnes Grayston 22 Albert Grayston 18 Arthur Grayston 20 Bredget A Grayston 56 Lily Grayston 9 Maud Grayston 14 Samuel Grayston 62 Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 13 Jun 2007 15:08

Margaret I have just added to you thread on the tips board. Georgina.

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 13 Jun 2007 15:12

Thank you Georgina yes that is them with husband Samuel just can't beleive it would be 7 years out on her death but I know it must be true because the name is not that common Thanks Margaret