Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Census Children

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ross

Ross Report 13 Jun 2007 13:16

Hello. I have searched the free index for the 1901 census and found a relative. I wondered if somebody could please find the family and tell me all the information if that is ok. The name is George F Fletcher (i have him as T but the census has been transcribed as F) born 1868 Little Ayton, Yorkshire. He is living in Chatham, Kent as a Life Insurance Superintendant. Hope you can help me. Thanks. Ross Fletcher

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 Jun 2007 13:16

I have looked but can't find him from that information. Gwyn

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Jun 2007 13:21

I can't find a George Fletcher of that age living in Chatham on the 1901 census on Ancestry. Sorry. Kath. x

Sue C

Sue C Report 13 Jun 2007 13:28

Is this him mistranscribed? Name: George T Fulcher Age: 33 Estimated birth year: abt 1868 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Emma Gender: Male Where born: Yrk, Little Ayton Civil parish: Chatham Ecclesiastical parish: Chatham St Paul County/Island: Kent Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Medway Sub-registration district: Rochester and Chatham ED, institution, or vessel: 27 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 98 Household Members: Name Age Emma Fulcher 31 George T Fulcher 33 William S Fulcher 1

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 13 Jun 2007 13:32

It's mistranscribed as Fulcher. 1901 census 23 Hillside Rd., Chatham, Kent Geoege T. Fletcher, head, 33, life insurance superintendant, born Little Ayton, Yorkshire Emma, wife, 31, born Deptford, London William J., son, 1, born Chatham, Kent

Ross

Ross Report 13 Jun 2007 13:32

Thanks for looking folks. The fulcher one looks like him. I wonder why i could search the 1901censusonline site and find him as fletcher but he has been transcribed a fulcher. Anyway thanks a lot. That must be him as there are about 10 houses in little ayton so i doubt many more people would travel from there to kent. Thanks again. Ross Fletcher

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Jun 2007 15:37

The difference is due to the fact that the 1901 census site you looked at is the 'official' one. The version accessed with all the info is on the subscription site Ancestry.....transcribed by different people. Reg