Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find my fathers family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

streetwise

streetwise Report 13 Jun 2007 11:18

My father was born on the 21st March 1917 in Pontypridd, I dont know my grandparents or any other family members my father never talked about them, I only know he was in the army in WW11. dont know if he had any brothers or sisters. looking on sites think is mothers maiden name was Hughes. MY fathers died in 1988 can any body help thanks Maureen

Fox On The Rocks

Fox On The Rocks Report 13 Jun 2007 11:22

Your best bet is to apply for your fathers birth cert. That will give you his parents names, then you can work from there.

Back to my Roots

Back to my Roots Report 13 Jun 2007 11:31

Hi Maureen, I was in the same boat about 2 year back, and i have now managed to build up my Fathers side of the family. Certificates are the way forward or backwards as is the case lol. Your will need yours Dads birth certificate this will give both of his parents full names, and the place where he was born so you know what area to look for his siblings. If you have your partents marriage certificate this will give his Dads full name. It might be that one or both of the witness' to their marriage were family members. Good luck and dont give up. It gives you such a thrill to find details of the family you never knew Sharon

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 13 Jun 2007 14:10

If you want to give us your fathers name, I will have a look to see if his birth registeration details are on freeBMD. Selena

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 13 Jun 2007 14:46

is this edward j jones? Jim