Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

US Birth & Marriage Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sam

Sam Report 12 Jun 2007 23:25

Are there any online searchable records for births and marriages that took place in New York prior to 1930? I have googled but can't find much. Thanks Sam x

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 13 Jun 2007 04:16

Hi Sam, Doesn't Ancestry also have US records such as BMD's searchable, think you need World Wide Ancestry for that which some people have got. Don't quote me on this as most of my rellies are Scottish but I am sure Ancestry have US records. Betty

Sam

Sam Report 13 Jun 2007 08:59

Hi Betty I know they have census and deaths, I did have a US subscription for a while and have found the census info for the people I am interested in. Will maybe have another look and see if I can upgrade for a month or so. I have googled and all I can find is the official NY site for regsitration where you can send off for certificates. I wondered if there was a searchable database anywhere that I don;t know of as I don;t know when these people married or died and it will cost a fortune to pay for the people at the other end to search for me. Thanks Sam

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 13 Jun 2007 09:13

This one might be of use - has some marriage indexes, though not complete state coverage: http://www.italiangen.org/databaselist.stm