Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 image check please anyone?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 12 Jun 2007 20:49

1861 Sarah A Venus Age: 21 Estimated birth year: abt 1840 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Charles Mother's name: Maria Gender: Female Where born: Isle of Wight, Sandown Civil parish: Lympstone County/Island: Devon Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: View image Registration district: St Thomas Sub-registration district: Exmouth ED, institution, or vessel: 10 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 129 Household Members: Name Age Alfred Venus 14 Charles Venus 47 Charles Venus 16 Elizabeth Venus 1 Emily Venus 12 Frederick Venus 8 Henry Venus 4 Maria Venus 42 Sarah A Venus 21 Could someone please check that all the young children are sons and daughters of Maria and Charles please-Just wanted to make sure none are nieces etc-Thanks. (Someone already found this for me the other day-but I can't check the detail myself-)Thanks you very much.

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 12 Jun 2007 20:58

Thanks very much-I suspected as much! -Now all i have to do is work out whose she was!!! -

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Jun 2007 21:01

I'd take a guess at her being Sara A.'s daughter, but buying Elizabeth's birth certificate is the only way to know for sure. UPDATE - I think I was wrong about Elizabeth's age - it must be 1 year old because this looks like her birth registration:- Name: Elizabeth Bartlett Venus Year of Registration: 1860 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar DISTRICT: St Thomas County: Devon Volume: 5b Page: 47 St. Thomas registration district covers Lympstone which is given on the census as Elizabeth's birthplace. I wonder if her middle name is a family name or a clue to her father??? Kath. x

Jane Gateshead Girl

Jane Gateshead Girl Report 12 Jun 2007 21:03

Had a look for you - they are all children of Charles & Maria apart from Elizabeth who is there grand daughter jane

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Jun 2007 21:04

Elizabeth is a granddaughter. Her age on the image looks like 4 and not 1. Kath. x

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 12 Jun 2007 21:20

Thanks Kath-Needs looking into as Sarah was my great great gran!! Will get digging-if it was a Mr Bartletts she didn't take her with her or Marry Mr Bartlett as she married a James Harwood in St Thomas,Exeter Devon and had two daughters called Ada and Agnes. Will have to find out who brought up Elizabeth.Many Thanks for checking for me.x