Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MARY ANN CAREY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 12 Jun 2007 18:55

Hey Moira Have you tried searching this site for possible family members? Do you have Mary Ann and James' marriage cert? If not you should look for that then work forward. Have you also posted on the trying to find board aswell? Mhairi

Moira

Moira Report 12 Jun 2007 18:58

MARY ANN CAREY I'm trying to trace any relatives or information re Mary Ann Carey who was my great grandmother. I believe she was born in Londonderry, NI in 1881 and then married James Waddell who came from Paisley, Renfrewshire in Scotland. Any information is appreciated

Newby CI

Newby CI Report 12 Jun 2007 19:43

Hi Moira , don,t know if this will help but my family is also Carey. They are also listed as Kerry , Cerrey, Cearey, etc . I have had to use all these names to trace them . Good Luck ,Kim

Padkat

Padkat Report 12 Jun 2007 21:42

Hi Moira Might this be the family in the 1901 Scotland Census Name: James Waddell Age: 21 Estimated birth year: abt 1880 Relationship: Head Spouse's name : Mary A Gender: Male Where born: Paisley, Renfrewshire Registration Number: 644/7 Registration district: Blythswood Civil parish: Glasgow St George County: Lanarkshire Address: 6 Brown St Occupation: Railway Carter ED: 6 Page: 31 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 168 Line: 5 Roll: CSSCT1901_291 -------- Name: Mary A Waddell Age: 19 Estimated birth year: abt 1882 Relationship: Wife Spouse's name : James Gender: Female Where born: Ireland Registration Number: 644/7 Registration district: Blythswood Civil parish: Glasgow St George County: Lanarkshire Address: 6 Brown St ED: 6 Page: 31 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 168 Line: 6 Roll: CSSCT1901_291 --------- Household Members: Name Age Bridget Ferguson 28 Bridget Ferguson 2 Sarah Ferguson 4 Thomas Ferguson 30 William J Ferguson 8 James Waddell 21 Mary A Waddell 19 The Ferguson family are all listed as boarders. Kate