Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

surrey archives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 12 Jun 2007 14:33

if anyone is visiting the Surrey Archives I would very much appreciate a look up for the birth of Reuben Canfield C1810 Oxted Surrey. Parents William & sarah. He does not appear on IGI records although all his siblings do. I have also found him on the census. I wonder if he was miss transcribed on IGI or just missed. Also George Briant/Bryant born c1824 Limpsfield father George. Also not on IGI and by 1841 working as labourer on a farm so I am unable to verify his parents that way. I would much appreciate any assistance as the archives are quite some way from me. many thanks Kathy

Julie

Julie Report 12 Jun 2007 14:47

Couldn't find either of them, but wondered if this is George's brother WILLIAM BRIANT Pedigree Male -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: 18 JUN 1826 Limpsfield, Surrey, England Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: GEORGE BRIANT Family Mother: MARY

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 12 Jun 2007 15:47

it may well be his brother but I only know George from his marriage certificate and from the census. So I know his father was george and from the cesus his dte of birth approx and born Limpsfield. Thanks for trying Kathy

Marie

Marie Report 12 Jun 2007 16:27

And if any kind soul is going again to the Surrey archives I should be really grateful if someone could please see if they can find a marriage for a Thomas Gumm born Ham Surrey in 1782 to a Johanna somebody in about 1807/08/09 in either Kingston or Walton on Thames. Who was Johanna. I am at my wits end with this one. M

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 13 Jun 2007 09:25

I said in my original post that I needed the birth records, I should have said the baptism records. Neither Rueben Canfieldborn Oxted 1810 ( taken from Census returns) or George Briant Born limpsfield C1824 also taken from census records seem to appear on IGI. I was hoping that someone might be going to the Surrey archives and look up the records for me since these individuals might have been missed when the records were transcribed. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Kathy

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jun 2007 11:54

Kathy If you would like me to delete my post then i will, i put William on cos if you have access to the the census you could work out if there is a connection therefore giving you Parents names

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 13 Jun 2007 17:08

julie thanks for the details of William. I have found him on 1841 census with mother Mary. I can't find george though. The family search engine is very slow tonight so I will try tomorrow to find Williams baptism.Iff his father is george it seems very likely he is the brother of the george I am looking for. Thankyou for pointing me in that direction, sometimes you can look to hard and get bogged down with what you think you know. I am most grateful for any help or ideas Kathy