Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Peacock Crawforth/Croforth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 11 Jun 2007 15:58

Please can someone have a look on the 1871 census and see if they can find John Peacock Crawforth. On the 1881 he was living in Kilnsea, Yorkshire. He was born about 1827 in Easington Yorkshire. I believe his wife's name could be Jane. she would be about 37 on the 1871 census. Thanks for your help Jane

Gloria

Gloria Report 11 Jun 2007 16:10

John P Crawforth Age: 43 Estimated birth year: abt 1828 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Jane Father's name: Alexander Gender: Male Where born: Easington, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Kilnsea County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Patrington Sub-registration district: Patrington ED, institution, or vessel: 13 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 1 Household Members: Name Age Alexander Crawforth 89 Ann Crawforth 6 Frances E Crawforth 2 George T Crawforth 4 Jane Crawforth 37 John P Crawforth 43 Maranda Crawforth 8 Sarah Crawforth 10

Jane

Jane Report 11 Jun 2007 16:12

Thank you both very much I have updated my records. Fox on the Rocks Yes that is my family. I'm amazed that Alexander is alive especially as he is 89. Gloria. It feels really good when you can help someone else with their research. I love helping people when I get the chance. Jane

Jane

Jane Report 11 Jun 2007 16:13

Thank you Gloria That is my family. Did it say where Alexander was born and was he a Widow? Thanks for your help Jane

Fox On The Rocks

Fox On The Rocks Report 11 Jun 2007 16:13

Is this him? Name: John P Crawforth Age: 43 Estimated birth year: abt 1828 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Jane Father's name: Alexander Gender: Male Where born: Easington, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Kilnsea County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Patrington Sub-registration district: Patrington ED, institution, or vessel: 13 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 1 Household Members: Name Age Alexander Crawforth 89 Ann Crawforth 6 Frances E Crawforth 2 George T Crawforth 4 Jane Crawforth 37 John P Crawforth 43 Maranda Crawforth 8 Sarah Crawforth 10

Gloria

Gloria Report 11 Jun 2007 16:13

They were in Northfield Road...No occupation for any of the excepting Alexander...Retired Carman

Fox On The Rocks

Fox On The Rocks Report 11 Jun 2007 16:15

Yes, it says widowed. I think his occupation was retired tarman?

Gloria

Gloria Report 11 Jun 2007 16:15

Keyingham, Yorkshire, England...he was a widower.... You are the first person I helped... it was easy...LOL

Helen

Helen Report 11 Jun 2007 18:11

Alexander Crawforth Birth: 1781 - Yorkshire, England Death: 1873 Spouse: Ann Hodgson Dont know if that will be any help to you. Helen

Jane

Jane Report 11 Jun 2007 18:17

Thanks Helen for that information. I have updated my records. All the best Jane