Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Heston marriages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 11 Jun 2007 01:20

can anyone access the marriages of Heston in Middlesex? I have the marriage from Pallot's of Thomas Hawkins to Susan Austin 26 Feb 1837 in Heston { just too soon to get a marriage certificate!!] If anyone can access these records to find any further info as to Thomas's father or origin or even a witness! I would be very grateful. Wendy

blueberry

blueberry Report 11 Jun 2007 08:05

Wendy, Could not find marriage for Thomas and Susan, But did find one for Joseph and Susan with children including one named Thomas dob 1833, who married a Mary Gould 1853 Heston. Found in Ancestry Public Trees. Barbara.

Georgina

Georgina Report 11 Jun 2007 09:09

Wendy most marriages before 1837 dont include fathers names, you might be lucky but dont hold your breath. Georgina.

Wendy

Wendy Report 15 Jun 2007 00:36

A very belated thank you to both of you for your help. I must say that I didn't really expect a response! This MUST be the marriage [on Pallot's] as it is the only one I could find for this couple whose 1st child was b 1838 and baptised in Feltham. Who knows where he came from! Wendy

Marie

Marie Report 15 Jun 2007 10:22

Wendy, He may have come from Hounslow(close to Heston). Isleworth, Hounslow, heston all adjoining. Lots of Hawkins christened in Hounslow,(see LDS). M

Marie

Marie Report 15 Jun 2007 11:06

Wendy, Found these bap in Feltham. William 19th Aug 1840 William george 12 sept 1869(first william must have died) Thomas henry 23 Sept 1838 henry 25 Nov 1866 died 30 Aug 1868 Elizabeth Sarah 13th Sept 1874 and Edward Isaac 18th Feb 1872. All children of Thomas Hawkins and Susan. M

Wendy

Wendy Report 15 Jun 2007 16:16

Marie, where did you find these baptisms please? The first William definitely didn't die---he was my 2 x great grandfather! The baptism index for St Dunstan's in Feltham gives his date as 19 April 1840. There is also Thomas Henry 1838 [though the index gives mother as Sarah--I think think this a mistake as Thomas and William can be found on the 1851 census with mother Susan.] Census also shows Julia, George,Walter and Edith but NO Thomas senior! I have not found the parents after 1851 and assume they died--difficult to believe the later children are from the same family. Thank you for your interest and help. Wendy

Marie

Marie Report 15 Jun 2007 16:21

Hi Wendy, Been out ,just come back. Found them on Hugh Wallis. Also three Hawkins marriages Feltham,Eliza married 9th Feb 1835 to John Jackson. Samuel on 23 May 1822 to Sarah Hoskins and another samuel 21 aug 1831 to Amy Nash. Bapstism William def 19th April 1840 and William George 12 Sept 1869. All the baptisms had parents Thomas and Susan. Just because the parents weren't there after a certain date does not always mean dead. They might have been absent from home or mistranscribed or whatever. My grandmother should be on the 1901 census.... but is nowhere to be found. Lots of hawkins in hounslow e.g Thomas hawkins born 25th Sept 1836 died 16th Oct 1836 parents George hawkins and Mary etc etc M

Wendy

Wendy Report 15 Jun 2007 16:24

Many thanks. I wonder if the later children were those of Thomas Henry b.1838? Off to seek him out!!

Marie

Marie Report 15 Jun 2007 16:32

Wendy, Was your Susan(Susannah) christened 06 June 1819? If so her parents were William and Martha Austin..... and she had a twin, William christend same day.M

Marie

Marie Report 15 Jun 2007 18:54

And have a look on Isleworth too Wendy. Another lot of hawkins there... mainly Joseph and Susan's offspring. Also some Hawkins'marriages and someAustin marriages. You will find that they will be in all the areas that come under Heston and Isleworth, Hounslow and Feltham. Church at isleworth was All Saints. . Several churches at Hounslow and a couple at Feltham.M

Wendy

Wendy Report 15 Jun 2007 19:26

Thank you Marie. Yes, Susan was bap 6 June 1819 at St Dunstan's together with brother William who died in 1847 aged 28. There was also a sister Martha b. 1820. Parents William and Martha Austin. Other children were George 1826, Thomas 1823,Henry 1829 [died 1838]. The Austin family are easy--but no proof of the correct Thomas Hawkins. Too common a name in the area, and not with the family in 1851 [Susan and children with her parents--that's how I knew her maiden name]. In 1841, infant William [my ancestor] was with the Austin family. No sign of his parents! Cannot be sure of either Thomas or Susan in later censuses. Have found Walter Hawkins with Martha Austin in 1861 and Julia as a servant in Berks. Also of course I have William right through all the censuses and his marriage cert and death cert [1910]. Thanks again.