Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another 1851 Census Search Please : )

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ross

Ross Report 10 Jun 2007 17:57

Hello. If you wouldnt mind could you please search Rachel Grey born 1848 Stockton or Middlesbrough. Information on her parents and siblings would be appreciated please. I dont have any more information. Sorry. Hope you can find some information for me. Many Thanks. Ross Fletcher

Jenny

Jenny Report 10 Jun 2007 18:09

Could this be a possibility? 1851 England Census about Rachel Grey Name: Rachel Grey Age: 3 Estimated birth year: abt 1848 Relation: Daughter Father's name: William Mother's name: Ann Gender: Female Where born: Woodmansey, Yorkshire, England Civil parish: Woodmansey Ecclesiastical parish: Beverley St John County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Beverley Sub-registration district: South Cave ED, institution, or vessel: 6a Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 46 Household Members: Name Age Ann Grey 39 Ann Grey 5 Jane Grey 1 John Grey 9 Lettice Grey 7 Rachel Grey 3 William Grey 48

Jenny

Jenny Report 10 Jun 2007 18:16

I take it this is the correct Rachel Grey Name: Rachel Grey Year of Registration: 1848 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar DISTRICT: Stockton County: Durham, Yorkshire - North Riding Volume: 24 Page: 250 (click to see others on page)

Ross

Ross Report 10 Jun 2007 18:29

Sorry about the delay. Yes that appears to be the right one. Thanks you very much for your time. Much appreciated. Ross Fletcher p.s what do we think a pig jobber is? something to do with pig's the farm animal or something to do with the iron production in the area - pig iron. ?? i never thought id find a pig jobber in the family. haha

Vera

Vera Report 10 Jun 2007 18:38

Hi Ross, A pig jobber.... Bought pigs and then sold them for a profit. A pig trader. Regards Vera

Ross

Ross Report 10 Jun 2007 18:39

Ok . Thankyou very much Vera. Ross Fletcher