Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 look up please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Iggy

Iggy Report 10 Jun 2007 12:12

I am after James Russel who was 6yrs in 1841 and living in Flintshire, where he was born . In 1861 he was living in Kidderminster age 25yrs and single .Also in 1851 i'm looking for his brother William, he was 11yrs in 1841 and born in Flintshire. Thanks ...Iggy.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jun 2007 12:23

Can you post the 1841 details In 1861 he is listed as lodger and says born Flintshire Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jun 2007 12:43

Best match I can find on 1841 is a family listed as Nussle - think the same family are Russell on 1851 but no James or William Without feedback I am getting no where Maureen

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 10 Jun 2007 13:07

i can only find this one, James Bushel John, Sarah abt 1837 Holywell, Flintshire, Wales Son Greenfield Flintshire though no william in the house,

Iggy

Iggy Report 10 Jun 2007 13:53

in 1841 they lived with in Holywell, Flintshire with mother Elin Russle (different spelling) and siblings Jane, Mary, William, Elen, James and John. In 1851 Ellen (mother) was stilli n Trefraith, Flint with Mary Ann 24yrs and John 14. The other girls could have been married by then, but i haven't found them either, maybe i need to look for them too in 1851. I think Jane and Mary were born in Wycombe , Bucks where their mother was born, they weren't born in Flint. ...hope this is clear...Iggy.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jun 2007 14:36

1841 so is this the family ? Name: Elin Nussle Age: 41 Estimated birth year: abt 1800 Gender: Female Civil parish: Ysceifiog Hundred: Rhuddlan County/Island: Flintshire Country: Wales Street address: View image Occupation: View image Registration district: Holywell Sub-registration district: Holywell Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Name Elin Nussle 41 Elin Nussle 9 James Nussle 6 Jane Nussle 15 John Nussle 4 Mary Nussle 14 William Nussle 11 1851 Name: Ellen Russel Age: 50 Estimated birth year: abt 1801 Relation: Head Gender: Female Where born: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England Civil Parish or Township: Trefraith Ecclesiastical parish: Ysceifiog County/Island: Flintshire Country: Wales Street address: View image Condition as to marriage: View image Occupation: View image Disability: View image Registration district: Holywell Sub-registration district: Whitford ED, institution, or vessel: 2c Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 57 Household Members: Name Age Edward Heel 50 Ellen Russel 50 John Russel 14 Mary Anne Russel 24 Thomas Russel 6 Samuel Uglen 25 So does this match with my earlier suggestion Maureen

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jun 2007 14:41

1851 have you ruled this one out Name: Ellen Russel Age: 19 Estimated birth year: abt 1832 Relation: Servant Gender: Female Where born: Llanriog, Flintshire, Wales Civil Parish or Township: Aberwheeler County/Island: Denbighshire Country: Wales Street address: View image Condition as to marriage: View image Occupation: View image Disability: View image Registration district: Ruthin Sub-registration district: Llandyrnog ED, institution, or vessel: 5 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 1 Household Members: Name Age Thos Evans 45 William Evans 16 Fanny Hughes 21 Elisabeth Lloyd 13 Hugh Middleton 27 John Morris 35 Ellen Russel 19

Iggy

Iggy Report 10 Jun 2007 15:03

Thanks for your time Glitter Babe, yes thats them in 1841 and 1851, but as you can see there is only John with his mother in 1851.The 1851 for his sister Ellen i hadn't seen, this could be her, but no sign of james or William. It is probably mis spelt so i might never find them!!...Iggy.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jun 2007 15:06

Not having much luck with 1851 nor finding William in 1861 Maureen

Iggy

Iggy Report 10 Jun 2007 15:35

Thanks for your help, its much appreciated....Iggy.