Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Liverpool look ups please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2007 16:12

You need to find the marriage reg'n, and buy the cert. It will tell you his age at the time, plus the name and occupation of his father. You can't find reliable info using guesswork.......it could lead you on completely the wrong track..... Reg

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 16:14

Hi, I'm trying to find some information on a George Frederick Griffin. I don't have any idea when he was born but i'm going to say around 1870?? He married an Eliza/Elizabeth Buxton and was from Liverpool. Have been told Winter Street. Thanks.

Sam

Sam Report 7 Jun 2007 16:18

Where have you had the information from? When did he marry? Did he stay in Liverpool or move elsewhere? There is this one in 1881 but older than 1870: Name: Geo. F. Griffin Age: 22 Estimated birth year: abt 1859 Relation: Son Father's name: William Mother's name: Mary Ann Gender: Male Where born: Liverpool Civil parish: St John Hackney County/Island: London Country: England Street address: 17 Cassland Rd Education: Employment status: View image Occupation: Comml Clerk Registration district: Hackney Sub-registration district: South Hackney ED, institution, or vessel: 10a Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Ellen Chapman 18 Charles J. Griffin 28 Elizabeth Griffin 19 Geo. F. Griffin 22 Mary Ann Griffin 58 William Griffin 59 Ernest Tibbett 6

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 16:26

I got the info from my nan, it's her grandparents and she doesn't know anything else about them. They did stay in Liverpool. She's written down that he was a chef in ARIEL Hotel, Liverpool, if this is any help. Thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2007 16:27

You need to find the marriage........when was it likely to have occurred? reg

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 16:29

She doesn't have a clue. She's just saying he died between 1916-1926.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2007 16:33

You'll have to work backwards from your grandmother......get her birth details, then the birth cert of whichever of her parents is descended from George and Eliza(beth). That will give you some idea of when they married........... Alternatively, look in the complete index for his death, which will show you his age at the time Reg

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 16:38

ok. Thanks for your help. I'll badger her for more information. Thanks again.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2007 16:43

This is the only George Griffin who is a chef in 1901 Name: George Griffin Age: 66 Estimated birth year: abt 1835 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Eliza Gender: Male Where born: Castle Cary, Somerset, England Civil parish: West Derby Ecclesiastical parish: Edge Hill St Jude County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Registration district: West Derby Sub-registration district: West Derby, Western ED, institution, or vessel: 44 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 50 Household Members: Name Age Edith Griffin 6 Eliza Griffin 62 b. Nottinghamshire Ellen Griffin 8 Emma Griffin 20 George Griffin 66 George Griffin 18 Jane Griffin 10 The address is 43, Walker Street Reg

Joanna

Joanna Report 7 Jun 2007 16:48

Hi Reg, sorry to be so dumb...what is the complete death index?