Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

death 1873? lambeth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 7 Jun 2007 14:43

stuck looking for a death of a john sheer born 1838 market lavington whiltshire i have a death in 1871 but cant be as second son born 1873 amy help appreciated thanks linda

Linda

Linda Report 7 Jun 2007 14:53

hi athena yes sorry they had a son born in 1873 but the only death i can find is for a death in 1871 thanks

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 7 Jun 2007 14:56

Sorry, did you mean that the son was born in 1873 Lambeth? So we are looking for a death after 1873 in Lambeth, is that right? Athena

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 7 Jun 2007 15:03

Hi Linda Do you have that birth cert for 1873? Just wondering if it's possible the mother had a child by another man but gave it her married surname? Athena

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 7 Jun 2007 15:05

Linda Do you have the second son's birth cert? Are you certain that John Sheer was the father? Angela snap, Athena!

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 7 Jun 2007 15:10

Angela - gread minds and all that, eh? Linda - I had a similar thing on my tree where the husband of one of my grt grandaunt's was killed during WW1 - and yet 2 years later his mother registered the birth of her son with her deceassed husbands name (both first and surname). This confused me no end - until I discovered that after her hubby died, she ended up marrying his younger brother! Athena

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 7 Jun 2007 15:12

Linda I presume this is the death you found? Deaths Jun 1871 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sheer John 33 Lambeth 1d 343 Must say, it does fit. Maybe Clara told a fib at the birth registration? Why don't you buy the death cert - he's the right age & death is the right area. I couldn't find another. Unless you trawl through the Ancestry images. Angela

Linda

Linda Report 7 Jun 2007 15:16

hi athena and angela yes i have the birth certificate son was henry sheer b 1873 lambeth father john sheer mother clara malyon by 1881 clara had remarried a man called thomas shipton and on census henry and his brother richard born 1869 are listed as step sons thanks linda

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 7 Jun 2007 16:04

Yes, I would be way too curious about the 1871 death cert not to buy it myself. It is possible that Clara gave false information on the birth cert, I suppose. You won't know unless you get that cert. For Clara to have remarried before 1881 her hubby had to have died between 1871 and 1881 and there isn't another entry for Lambeth that I can see, unless he's been entered incorrectly under a different surname (Steer or Shear?). Regards Athena