Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Godstone Parish Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Jun 2007 14:46

Is anyone able to access the Godstone Parish Records? I would like to find out about James Young b.1820 Godstone, I believe his father was also James, and he had at least two siblings William and Amelia. Thank you for reading this. Kim

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 7 Jun 2007 15:16

this them in 1841 James Young Age: 20 Estimated birth year: abt 1821 Gender: Male Where born: Surrey, England Civil parish: Godstone Hundred: Tandridge (First Division) County/Island: Surrey Country: England Street address: Occupation: View image Registration district: Godstone Sub-registration district: Godstone Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Amelia Young 20 James Young 30 James Young 20 they lived at hook stile godstone, the father was a gen laboure,r

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Jun 2007 16:31

Jennifer, thank you for your reply. I had already found him on the 1841 census and am keen to try and establish his parentage through parish records. Thank you again. Kim

Janice

Janice Report 7 Jun 2007 19:40

There's a George Young christened 1832 Godstone, son of James and Martha. Is he one of yours? (on IGI)