Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

deaths of william and mary whitecross

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

optimistic olivia

optimistic olivia Report 6 Jun 2007 22:41

Could anyone help me find the deaths of William and Mary Whitecross. On the 1851 census they are living in Hartlepool. William was born abt. 1787 in Durham and on the 1841 and 51 census he's a gardener. I can't find them after that so I suppose they died between 1851 and 1861. Regards Olivia

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Jun 2007 22:47

You say born in Durham.......do you mean the City.......or the County? Is this William in 1861? Name: William Whitecross Age: 80 Estimated birth year: abt 1781 Relation: Head Gender: Male Where born: Wt Renton, Durham, England Civil parish: Hartlepool Ecclesiastical parish: Holy Trinity County/Island: Durham Country: England Registration district: Hartlepool Sub-registration district: Hartlepool ED, institution, or vessel: 14f Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 139 Household Members: Name Age William Whitecross 80 Jane Woodward 54 Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Jun 2007 22:52

Have you checked freebmd? If they aren't on there, go to the full index on Ancestry.........it is free. Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Jun 2007 22:56

This looks like the death of the chap above......... Name: William Whitecross Estimated birth year: abt 1780 Year of Registration: 1871 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep Age at Death: 91 DISTRICT: Hartlepool (1859-1938) County: Durham Volume: 10a Page: 100 Reg

optimistic olivia

optimistic olivia Report 6 Jun 2007 23:25

Thanks for looking. I suppose that could be my William. On the 1851 census it says he was born in 1787 in Durham, Durham same as Mary. And on the 1841 census his year of birth is 1790. I know that Mary was born in St. Giles Durham in 1786. They married in Houghton le Spring in 1808 so William's birth year could well be 1781 and not 1787. Why couldn't I find him in 1861??? Must have tired eyes. Thanks again for your expertise. Olivia