Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 Look Up Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 6 Jun 2007 14:22

SARAH ANN THOMAS BORN 1869 IN CAMROSE, PEMBROKESHIRE HER MOTHERS NAME IS ANN, TODAY CAMROSE COMES UNDER HAVERFORDWEST THANK YOU

Vera

Vera Report 6 Jun 2007 14:29

Hi Shirley So far have only found this one?? 1871 Sarah Thomas Age: 8 months Estimated birth year: abt 1870 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Benjamin Mother's name: Mary Gender: Female Where born: Nevern, Pembrokeshire, Wales Civil parish: Cilgwyn Quarter Nevern County/Island: Pembrokeshire Country: Wales Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Cardigan Sub-registration district: Newport ED, institution, or vessel: 10 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 68 Household Members: Name Age Anny Morgans 26 Thomas Morgans 28 Benjamin Thomas 36 David T Thomas 3 Enoch Thomas 84 Mary Thomas 40 Mary A Thomas 5 Sarah Thomas 8 months Regards Vera

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 6 Jun 2007 14:43

ON MY 1901 CENSUS VERA SAYS SHE WAS BORN CAMROSE BUT HER MAM WAS BORN WALTON WEST SAME AS JAMES BOWEN HER HUSBAND SHIRL

Vera

Vera Report 6 Jun 2007 14:50

Hi Shirley, Having trouble with this one!!!! So far no luck. Regards Vera

Julie

Julie Report 6 Jun 2007 14:51

Camrose and Nevern come under the same district

Vera

Vera Report 6 Jun 2007 14:56

Hi Shirley, Looked on the 1881 Wales I think I must have the wrong family in1871 as they state her initial after Sarah as G Regards Vera

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Jun 2007 15:19

When was the mother born? I can't see her in 1901............ Reg

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 6 Jun 2007 19:17

THIS IS WHAT I GOT REG IN 1901 1901 Name: James Bowen Age in 1901: 33 Estimated birth year: abt 1868 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Sarah Gender: Male Where born: Walton West, Pembrokeshire, Wales Civil parish: Walton West Ecclesiastical parish: Talbenny and Walton West Town: Broad Haven and Little Haven County/Island: Pembrokeshire Country: Wales Registration district: Haverfordwest Sub-registration district: Milford ED, institution, or vessel: 17 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 49 Household Members: Name Age Alice Bowen 6 James Bowen 33 Martha A Bowen 9 Rowona Bowen 9 Sarah Bowen 32 Thomas Bowen 7 Ann Thomas 72 MOTHER IN LAW MARRIAGE 11A 1556a SARAH ANN THOMAS wife ----------------------------------------------------

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Jun 2007 22:14

Sorry, misunderstood your posting.......I thought the reference to the husband meant the mother's husband......not Sarah's. I thought you said her mother's name was Mary................. Reg

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 6 Jun 2007 23:14

NO JULIE HUN CAMROSE IN NEAR HAVERFORDWEST NEVERN IS NEAR NEWPORT SHIRL

Julie

Julie Report 7 Jun 2007 10:16

Up Untill 1974 Camrose and Nevern come under the same district

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2007 10:43

That was sneaky....... changing the mother's name in your original posting...........it would have been much better to admit your error, and change it in a new reply........... You need to get Sarah's marriage cert, to find out her father's name ect. Reg