Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 lookup please anyone?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 4 Jun 2007 18:13

Looking for Charles James Harwood/James Charles Harwood with wife Emma in Topsham,Devon in 1901.. James born 1870 Topsham,Devon-don't knoiw about Emma. Thanks to anyone who can help-please can I have streeta ddress and occupation if given -tahnks

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 4 Jun 2007 18:20

1901 poss Name: Emma Harwood Age: 31 Estimated birth year: abt 1870 Relation: Head Gender: Female Where born: Topsham, Devon, England Civil parish: Topsham Ecclesiastical parish: St Margaret Town: Topsham County/Island: Devon Country: England Street address: Jubilee Square Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: St Thomas Sub-registration district: Topsham ED, institution, or vessel: 3 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 95 Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth Harwood 5 Emma Harwood 31 Winifred Mary Harwood 1 Emma is shown as Widow Under occupation is says In receipt of Parochial relief but this has been crossed out

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 4 Jun 2007 18:22

There's this Emma in Topsham but she's a widow. 1901 census Jubilee Square, Topsham, Devonshire Emma Harwood, head, widow, 31, in receipt of parochial relief Elizabeth, dau, 5 Winnifred Mary, dau, 1 All born Topsham.

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 4 Jun 2007 18:24

Thanks very much x

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 4 Jun 2007 18:26

Charles James Harwood died March quarter 1901, Exeter, age 31. (5b 63)

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 4 Jun 2007 18:27

Thanks for that-I shall have to look for his death then-they only married in 1894 so the ages of children maych-and jubilee square is just down the lane from where James sister lived and brought up my gran (About 8 houses away ) so quite likely-thanks.

Familyfinder

Familyfinder Report 4 Jun 2007 18:29

I just found his death-how awful-Thanks Charles James Harwood Estimated birth year: abt 1870 Year of Registration: 1901 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar Age at Death: 31 DISTRICT: Exeter County: Devon Volume: 5b Page: 63 (click to see others on pa